AA Thought For The Day

Want different titles on these forums? Got some other good ideas? Talk about them here.

AA Thought For The Day

Postby KathyAnne » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:28 am

Hope you don't mind me suggesting this. As i live in the u.k and by the looks of it i'm not the only one here would it be possible some how to have the Thought for the day put up after midnight as we are 6hrs ahead of you in the states. Often i get up get breakfast and the ipad and this is the first thing i go to but its not there! Yes, i do have the book but its better to get up and read first i find.
KathyAnne
Forums Contributor

Re: AA Thought For The Day

Postby jakpar » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:25 am

hi KathyAnne, unfortunately I cant help with the time of posting, but can relate to wanting to be able to view online first thing in the mornings!
I live in the US, and in the Eastern time zone and enjoy viewing online with a cuppa to start my day off to a good start!
Hopefully you will have the same in the near future! wish I could offer more to you than "good luck" :)
Jack

"We are of service by accepting responsibility for the authority God has given us and by respecting the authority God has given to others"
Anonymous
jakpar
Forums Contributor

Postby jakpar » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:24 am

just a followup, I receive the Daily Reflctions and others via e-aa email at 12:00 a.m. EST by subscribing to the New Beginnings email meeting (NB), one of the mailing lists of e-AA for fellowship.
you may already be aware of this and other listed here http://www.e-aa.org/talk.php
hope this is helpful--glad you are here :D

UPDATE:
after you open the link, click on "sober mail", then click "New Beginning" and complete the "subscribing to Nb" part, you will have to confirm email
Jack

"We are of service by accepting responsibility for the authority God has given us and by respecting the authority God has given to others"
Anonymous
jakpar
Forums Contributor

Postby johnd » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:23 pm

Just a pass along there is website Daily Reflections where they have an open forum if it helps. I start my day at 5 am est and I find that there are comments already posted also I have found 24 hours a day on line also with the Aa thought of the day if it helps you.
John Grateful Alcoholic
Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans- Anonymous
johnd
Forums Long Timer

Postby Lali » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:38 am

Hi, all! Ann and Mike O'R post the Daily Reflections as often as they can. They also have other committments. Otherwise, I do it and I am in the USA. I am not usually still up at midnight. I post when I arise, which is anywhere between 7:00 a.m. and 7:45 a.m. USA time (eastern standard time). If there are any other volunteers in the UK or anywhere else that can do it earlier and would like to volunteer, we do it on a "whoever gets here first" basis. Let us know!
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Return to Suggestions