Page 1 of 1

Thank You button

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:01 pm
by sober_life
There are many many great posts here, many just need a simple thank you, but we have to reply.

Is it possible for the group conscious consider asking the web master if this option can be implemented ?
I have seen it on some other forums, it's simply a button that's titled " Thanks" and when it is pressed, the user name appears under the post.
Just thought I mention this, hope it's considerable to do and not an added cost.


Thanks !

Re: Thank You button

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:11 pm
by PaigeB
I could use that thank you button right here & now!

Let's see what other folks have to say.

Re: Thank You button

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:53 pm
by Niagara
What a fantastic idea.

Re: Thank You button

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:36 pm
by ann2
I agree it would be nice to have a quick method of saying thank you. I just don't want anything that resembles a like button because we're not here to get approval for our shares but to continue the conversation. Sometimes when we go to the effort of saying thank you we find we actually have an experience related to pass on.

I occasionally send pm's to the sharer by clicking the pm option under the username on the right of the share. I figure that's more like what might happen in a meeting -- looking for the person at the break and saying thank you. It's a nice way to make a connection :)

Ann

Re: Thank You button

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:38 pm
by ann2
The pm option next to the share also has the result of quoting the share in your thank you, so you get to keep it in your outbox of pm's for awhile :)

Ann

Re: Thank You button

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:07 pm
by Niagara
From another perspective, a newcomer who perhaps doesn't feel confident to post might be willing to use that function and begin to get involved. I do understand what you're saying about approval for shares though and continuation...good point well made :) (wish I had a thanks button for that :P :lol: )

Re: Thank You button

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:30 am
by clouds
ann2 wrote:I agree it would be nice to have a quick method of saying thank you. I just don't want anything that resembles a like button because we're not here to get approval for our shares but to continue the conversation. Sometimes when we go to the effort of saying thank you we find we actually have an experience related to pass on.

I occasionally send pm's to the sharer by clicking the pm option under the username on the right of the share. I figure that's more like what might happen in a meeting -- looking for the person at the break and saying thank you. It's a nice way to make a connection :)

Ann


I think this is true too, because when I write to thank someone I can sometimes validate what I found was helpful to my sobriety, and it can develope it and throw even more loght onto an already helpful post. Piling up more positives rather than otherwise. If that make any sense at all! :D

Re: Thank You button

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:17 pm
by PaigeB
Niagara wrote:From another perspective, a newcomer who perhaps doesn't feel confident to post might be willing to use that function and begin to get involved. I do understand what you're saying about approval for shares though and continuation...good point well made :) (wish I had a thanks button for that :P :lol: )

:lol: :D :) :lol: :wink: :P :lol:

Re: Thank You button

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:42 am
by Craig
Thank you for for your help it is really appreciated

Re: Thank You button

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:05 am
by ann2
Thank you Craig for being here! :D

Re: Thank You button

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:26 am
by katherine7
sober_life wrote:There are many many great posts here, many just need a simple thank you, but we have to reply.

Is it possible for the group conscious consider asking the web master if this option can be implemented ?
I have seen it on some other forums, it's simply a button that's titled " Thanks" and when it is pressed, the user name appears under the post.
Just thought I mention this, hope it's considerable to do and not an added cost.


Thanks !


I hope so, thank you.

Re: Thank You button

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:44 am
by Noels
Good evening everyone. I was sitting here after reading some of the latest shares and the responses and an enormous feeling of gratitude filled my heart and being.
I didn't want to chirp on the postings and was wondering how I could say thank you to each of the members with whom I have been communicating with when I saw this thread.
So just to let each and every member know that you are wise beyond your realisation and although my responses to particular situations don't always appear to be the norm you have helped me in a few days more than you can ever imagine.
I am grateful for this site where we can share, ask, agree or disagree, .... I am grateful for each one of you. Your experiences, views, opinions and beliefs.
This is the best aa website and I thank you.
Love and light
Noels

Re: Thank You button

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:00 am
by ann2
Hi Noels,

I have to agree with you. I share that feeling and it's important to remember that even though people may not be responding, we are still affecting others through our shares.

In a regular meeting this is often the case as well. Someone may speak and the impact on the listeners may be profound, but no one may in fact respond. You just never know :D

I think it's a HP thing.

Hugs,

Ann

Re: Thank You button

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:02 am
by PaigeB
If we had a like button or a Thank you button I would hit it right now LOL!

One reason I think we don't have one is it is too easy. I much prefer Noel's thank you! And thanks for taking the time to write it!