Tradition Study?

Want different titles on these forums? Got some other good ideas? Talk about them here.

Re: Tradition Study?

Postby jakpar » Wed May 30, 2012 4:39 am

hi mayup, welcome to eAA!
Jack

"We are of service by accepting responsibility for the authority God has given us and by respecting the authority God has given to others"
Anonymous
jakpar
Forums Contributor

Postby restart » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:04 am

Hello, I don't know if I should be typing this here. I have been trying for years to get sober. The longest amount of time I have gotten together is about 5months. I have been in detox twice, two inpatient rehabs, and outpatient. I started drinking heavily again these past few weeks and can't stop on my own. I am going to a meeting today to start over again. I am lost and feel so helpless. If you have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
restart
Forums Newcomer

Postby ann2 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:50 am

Hi, great tp see you and thanks for posting! Congrats on planning on a meeting and being willing to try again. I have some friends who kept coming back many times and eventually put together some long-term sobriety.

I believe that all your individual periods sober have worth, and are part of your journey toward a meaningful, serene sobriety. The answer for me was taking the steps as explained in the Big Book. It really made all the difference in the world.

Keep reading, keep sharing, glad you found us!

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby sober_life » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:41 pm

I agree with a Tradition thread or study thread.
Note, not many groups read traditions in the long form. One group I know of reads the Tradition in the long form once every month, for example if that meeting is on Monday nights, it will read the long form on the last Monday of the month.
It can be an eye opener due to the detail, it's interesting to.
sober_life
Forums Enthusiast

Postby PaigeB » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:10 pm

Feel free to start and continue a new thread each month or however you wish to present it. Sometimes thread don't go far and others tend to really stick for a few or for a lot. Never know until you try!

You can start it in the Discussion Forum or wherever you think...
viewforum.php?f=51

Or try here
viewforum.php?f=13
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Previous

Return to Suggestions