Update email addresses in profiles

Want different titles on these forums? Got some other good ideas? Talk about them here.

Update email addresses in profiles

Postby ann2 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:54 am

Hi all, Ann alcoholic here--

I would like to make a suggestion to all users to make sure you have your current email address in your profile.

If you change your email address, go back to your profile and put the new one in! :)

Otherwise, you won't get your pm's!! And the pms to the non-working address get bounced to the moderators listkeeper, who is embarrassed to read your private mail ;)

Hugs from Finland,

Ann (ann2)
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Re: Update email addresses in profiles

Postby super mans » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:58 pm

ann hello my name is jorrel
super mans
Forums Enthusiast

Postby ann2 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:51 am

Jorrel, nice to meet you! Welcome to e-AA!!

Let us know if you need any technical assistance, and please use the forums to air out anything needing feedback :)

Great to see you here!

Hugs from Finland, Ann
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby super mans » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:55 pm

thank you for listening ann i am just wondering how to use this thing . an am very glad you responded to me if you can could you tell me about yuorself sometime
super mans
Forums Enthusiast

Postby ann2 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:23 am

Hey Jorrel,

There's tons of stuff about me here in the forums...just click on the little face with the question mark next to it above this text, next to the posted info. That will bring up my profile.

Above that information on the same page is a tiny link that says, "View Recent Posts". Click that, and a page will appear with the recent posts I have made here in the forums. You'll get bored there pretty quickly.

Have you made a trip into our chat room yet? The e-AA chat room is a safe, friendly AA oriented 12 step focused room, and we have a lot of fun there too. We are active 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and we also have scheduled meetings. For help in logging on, email our tech team at chat_help@e-aa.org

And, our email meetings are a great place to share and get to know others in sobriety. For info on our meetings and how to join, go to this page: http://e-aa.org/html/lists.html, and for help email lists@e-aa.org Lots of fellowship and support in an ongoing email format :)

Great to see you in our forums!

Hugs from Finland,

Ann
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby kmoen3 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:04 pm

Yes I'm having trouble with my password as it's not accepting it. Could someone please tell me how to correct it. Thanks babygirl
Kelly
kmoen3
Forums Enthusiast

Postby ann2 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:42 am

Hi Kelly,

Since you're able to post your password must be stored on your computer, in the browser "save password" feature?

But you may not have saved the email the forums software sent you which includes your password.

Or, you may not be using the caps or lower case letters the pasword requires.

If you need to see the password again, you can request the forums software to send an email to the email address you registered with that includes your password. Simply click the Login link when you first enter the forums, and instead of clicking the Login button, click the link that says "For assistance finding your registered login and/or password, click here" after where it says, "Lost Password?"

The forums software will send you an email including your password to the email address you registered with.

Then you can actually log in, go to your profile and change the password to something easier to remember, not all the letters and numbers the forums software picks for you :)

Hope this helps!!

Hugs from Finland,

Ann
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby Carl » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:53 am

I would like to make a suggestion for the forums.

If we added a section called "Living Sober"

included would be

cooking/recipes
exercise/Fitness
Computer/Technical

etc.

This way I could find others that are AA that cook , without alcohol.

and find AA people that are trying to repair there bodies after drinking, using exercise

Also a section for people that like computers, to talk about issues realted to problems they may encounter on E-aa.

Just suggestions
"Life is like a mountain Railroad" amazing rythem aces
Carl
Forums Enthusiast

Postby SteveC » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:14 am

Hi Carl!

For those types of contacts, I would suggest that you contact the people directly. Just about all the forums deal with AA & sobriety.

Hugs!

Steve
Steven M. Clapper
Great Falls, Montana, USA

Serenity is not absence of the storm,
But peace within the storm.
SteveC
Forums Contributor

Return to Suggestions