Grapevine

Want different titles on these forums? Got some other good ideas? Talk about them here.

Grapevine

Postby veralex » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:33 pm

Hi,

what about a special section for Grapevine stuff, our meeting in print?
A place where readers can discuss some of the articles, without posting the whole article because then we get into trouble with copyright.
A place to announce our Grapevine drawing, the winner, the monthly report.

Vera
I'm done drinking
veralex
Forums Contributor

Re: Grapevine

Postby Leora » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:50 am

I think a Grapevine section would be great. My own experience with the Grapevine: I subscribed when I was newly sober then moved to Florida and never re-subscribed. Moving north again to Vermont, I found Grapevines on every table at almost every meeting and I began taking them home and reading them cover to cover in one sitting. Wow. They were as refreshing and inspiring as an iced tea in summer. It felt good to find that little but powerful magazine again.

Now I go to the Grapevine website each morning and read the story of the day. And while I didn't make it to the International Convention, I was able to share in some of the fun via the photos posted on the Grapevine website. The Grapevine website is terrific.

Thanks for this topic, Vera. I will order up the Grapevine later today. In the meantime, there's the Grapevine website as a jumping off point for those of us who don't get the magazine at home (yet).
Leora
Leora
Forums Enthusiast

Postby ann2 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:07 am

Hi Vera!

I like the idea too...especially because of all the different AA opinions that get published, can get interesting and dare I say it controversial!!! Fun stuff.

Be awesome to have a focus on this part of the literature :)

Thanks Vera for suggesting that!

ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby SteveC » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:51 pm

Thanks for the great suggestion! I have forwarded the idea to the moderators lists & asked for feedback. I'll let you know as soon as possible.

Hugs!

Steve
Steven M. Clapper
Great Falls, Montana, USA

Serenity is not absence of the storm,
But peace within the storm.
SteveC
Forums Contributor

Postby SteveC » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:40 pm

Hi All!

I've only received a couple of responses from the other moderators, so I have forwarded the request for a Grapevine Forum to the Members list. Hopefully, I'll have an answer in a couple days & we can get this idea off the ground. Thanks for your patience.

Hugs!

Steve
Forums Coordinator
Steven M. Clapper

SteveC
Forums Contributor

Postby Blue Moon » Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:01 pm

I guess there wasn't a demand? A new forum needs the support of the forums participants, particularly the moderators. The forums co-ordinator really has the final say, as he's the group's trusted servant for co-ordinating the forums.

Any alcoholic who wants to understand more of how e-AA operates, or join the members list and so have a role in how the e-AA group operates, is welcome to contact the group secretary (which is currently myself), alternate secretary (which is currently Ann S), or surf along to http://www.e-aa.org/html/opdocs.html
Ian S
AKA Blue Moon
Blue Moon
Site Admin

Postby SteveC » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:29 pm

Hi Again!

The Grapevine Forum is now open. Since this was Vera's idea, we used the AA railroad & made her the new moderator for the forum.

Thanks for your patience!

Steve
Steven M. Clapper

SteveC
Forums Contributor

Postby ann2 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:04 am

Thank you Steve for putting in the new forum and thank you Vera for stepping up to moderating for it :)

:hearts:

Ann (ann2)
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Return to Suggestions