On This Day

Want different titles on these forums? Got some other good ideas? Talk about them here.

On This Day

Postby Clark » Sun May 29, 2005 9:11 pm

This forum would be called "On This Day".
It would be of general interest, but not related to alcoholics or alcoholism.

If the Forum Moderators approve, I would volunteer to post daily messages.
Clark E.
"The best is yet to come."
Clark
Forums Long Timer

Re: On This Day

Postby stephbridget » Mon May 30, 2005 6:23 am

I would not mind either. There have not been many post on the forums lately.

Moderators?
Focus on the Now...
stephbridget
Forums Old Timer

Postby Jim 725 » Mon May 30, 2005 8:01 am

If someone wishes to post on issues not related to AA, why not find a forum which isn't related to AA?
Jim S.
Jim 725

Postby stephbridget » Mon May 30, 2005 9:40 am

Sorry miss non related..I agree..if its not AA--I would not take part. Sorry for misunderstanding.
Focus on the Now...
stephbridget
Forums Old Timer

Postby Blue Moon » Mon May 30, 2005 10:23 am

By far the most active thread in these forums is one that has nothing to do with alcoholism. Some people seem to do nothing in the forums other than participate in that thread.

Why they can't find a non-AA forum to do this is debatable. Maybe some come here for alcoholism, find a non-alcoholism thread they can get their teeth into, and dive into that. They can then claim to be an "active" part of an online AA group!

Some of us have tried to generate interest in alcoholism-related topics. But many people simply don't want to discuss. Of those who do, some don't want to discuss without bickering over semantics rather than underlying principles.

So of those who say "no" to ideas of making the place more attractive to a newcomer, your challenge is to accept some responsibility in working to make the place more attractive to a newcomer.

Why? Because the forums are whatever the contributors, not the moderators, make them.
Ian S
AKA Blue Moon
Blue Moon
Site Admin

Postby hardhead_05 » Mon May 30, 2005 4:40 pm

There is plenty of non AA material all over the internet. But there are few places where AA topics can be found. Better to have blank pages than this other stuff, so a newcomer won't think it is AA. It is little different than f2f meetings. When an alcoholic goes and finds all this other stuff, he leaves and says AA doesn't work. He is right, since what he found doesn't. AA topics will never be very popular, since only alcoholics who want to recover are interested in them.

Sid
hardhead_05
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Clark » Mon May 30, 2005 4:55 pm

I withdraw my suggestion of an "On This Day" forum.
Clark E.
"The best is yet to come."
Clark
Forums Long Timer

Return to Suggestions