The e-aa ChatRoom.

Want different titles on these forums? Got some other good ideas? Talk about them here.

The e-aa ChatRoom.

Postby Clark » Mon Apr 22, 2002 6:46 pm

Discussion Forums have provided me with much informative, inspirational and pleasurable reading.<P>The Chat Room has offered me fellowship, good conversation and new friends.<P>Our regular meeting, Wed at 9pm ET is conducted in the same manner as any other AA meeting. Our chairman, who is now living in China, is a long-time AA member.<P>The Chat Room is a part of e-aa. Just click "Chat" on our website.<P>Try it, you might like it. I do! :)
Clark E.
"The best is yet to come."
Clark
Forums Long Timer

Re: The e-aa ChatRoom.

Postby Clark » Fri Apr 26, 2002 5:44 pm

I am curious!<P>Can anyone tell me why I rarely meet any "Forums" participants in the chat room?<P>I have enjoyed, been inspired, and learned much from the contributors to this component of e-aa.<BR> I wonder why I seldom find you in our chat room. :confused:
Clark E.
Clark
Forums Long Timer

Postby Blue Moon » Sat Apr 27, 2002 7:06 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Clark:<BR><STRONG>Can anyone tell me why I rarely meet any "Forums" participants in the chat room?<BR></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The time is a problem here. I live in the UK, so 9pm EST is 2am for me.
Ian S
AKA Blue Moon
Blue Moon
Site Admin

Postby Dave S » Sat Apr 27, 2002 5:34 pm

Hi Clark and Blue Moon,<P>My biggest problem with the chat room is that I only type with two fingers -- the faster I go the more errors I make. Ok -- there's that, and, Clark, as you know from the other day, I keep clicking on all the wrong buttons -- but that's just a technological character defect on my part.<P>If there's anyone out there who wants to make the weekly time commitment to moderate, there's plenty of space on the chat room for more meetings. And, with the chat room open 24 hours, the meetings could be at any time to suit our world wide membership.<P>Anyone interested can contact Dean C for info on setting this up. (And, I might be slighting Carrie on that. She can guide anyone around the chat rooms too.)<P>Best to all,<P>Dave S
Dave S
Forums Enthusiast

Postby looking for » Mon Jun 06, 2005 9:06 pm

Hi,

It seems someone else registered with your nick. so try another one and register again.

Make sure you are not using a pop up blocker, because it opens in another window. In case you have a pop up blocker you can try to hold the Ctrl key and it will work.

See you there!
"And they stuck me together with glue"
Sylvia Plath
looking for
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Clark » Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:54 pm

I have been deleted from the Chat Room.

This, because of poor attendance. (I was told.)
I was advised to re-register using a different password.

I like to use my real name however, when I try register with it, (Clark), I'm told I can't use "Clark" because it's already taken!
So, I tried Clark2 - same results.

I have made the following suggestion before and I don't remember why it was turned down:

Could we log into the chat room directly from the Discussion Forums?

Just asking.
Alternately, could we use the same log-in name and password for both Discussion Forums AND Chat Room?
Clark E.
Clark
Forums Long Timer

Postby Blue Moon » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:43 pm

2 different software applications are used for the forums and chat room. Writing an interface to have 1 username / password for both was going to take a lot of Dean's time.

If the names and passwords are compatible with both applications, and the username is not taken in one of them, then the same username could be used.
Ian S
AKA Blue Moon
Blue Moon
Site Admin

Postby dennis » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:36 pm

Hey Clark,

I just checked the chat room files, and Clark and Clark 2 are registered and should work.

I would suggest you have a pop up blocker program installed which blocks java - which is what the room runs on (most chats in fact)>

Go back tot he chat room.
Enter your user name
enter your password
Hold down the CTRL (just beneath the Shift key)
Keep holding the CTRL key!:-)
Use your mouse to click the "Enter Chatroom" button.
Keep the CTRL key held down while the room loads - 15 seconds should do it.

dennis
dennis
Forums Contributor

Postby stephbridget » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:51 pm

You can also go into settings on Internet Explorer..it worked for me :)
Focus on the Now...
stephbridget
Forums Old Timer

Postby SteveC » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:34 pm

Hi Delta!

Glad to have you join us. Please feel free to post in any of the forums. You're doing just fine.

Hugs!

Steve
Steven M. Clapper
Great Falls, Montana, USA

Serenity is not absence of the storm,
But peace within the storm.
SteveC
Forums Contributor

Postby stephbridget » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:18 pm

I would love a BB forum.
Focus on the Now...
stephbridget
Forums Old Timer

Postby red » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:07 pm

when i log in to the forums and see the other visitors and i think to myself 'what are they doing' because there doesnt seem to be that many replys to the topics and when i enter the chat rooms there empty! are you all reading the posts or am i missing something? the time differance is a problem for me also as i live in the uk but one of these nights i will stay up til 3am-its 2am now but i wont make that extra hour, my life is unmanagable as it is ha ha....
red
Forums Enthusiast

Next

Return to Suggestions