Online coins, trophys, etc.

Want different titles on these forums? Got some other good ideas? Talk about them here.

Online coins, trophys, etc.

Postby WendyR » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:04 am

Hey everyone!

I'm not sure if this has been suggested, (I looked around the forum but couldn't find anything like this)...but I had a little idea here that perhaps may add a little incentive here (and fun) to stay sober. Just like in F2F meetings where you go up to grab your coins, keychains, etc. on your 30 days, 90 days, 1 year etc. sobriety birthdays, why not offer something like that here? Perhaps an "online coin or trophy" icon that you get for each accomplishment that can be put under your username on the right? I've seen may forums do this type of thing for different purposes (typically it's for how long you've been a part of the forum or how much you've contributed)..but this could be just like going up to receive your coins, except, you get the icons instead? Know what I'm talking about?

Just a thought. :-)

~ Wendy
WendyR
Forums Enthusiast

Re: Online coins, trophys, etc.

Postby PaigeB » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:45 am

viewforum.php?f=33

Not always offering a coin, but we do AA birthdays at the Forum above!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Brock » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:49 am

Thanks for the suggestion Wendy. If I were more a computer type person, I might know of some app or whatever, which could have our forum software remind us of the anniversary of each member joining here, and as you say a little star or cake with a happy anniversary would be a very nice touch.

We have a couple of first class computer tech types as members, who give yeomen service in keeping this site going. And the site members group conscience, are hopping to achieve the badly needed software upgrade in the not too distant future, the 7th tradition hat we pass has accumulated some funds towards that. Maybe the upgrade will allow such a feature, thanks again for the suggestion, people interested enough to offer such things are the lifeblood of forums like these.
The seed has been planted in his mind. He knows that thousands of men, much like himself, have recovered. B.B. P.113
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby Blue Moon » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:30 pm

Interesting concept.

The “Rank Title” is something an administrator can define and handle. The only automatic one is based on post count. There is a software-mod available which will allow each user to have multiple ranks, but an admin would have to update the rank whenever anyone has a birthday.

Of course, there’s nothing to stop anyone from including their sobriety date in their signature, and/or uploading a coin image for their avatar.

We used to have a member who kept track of birthdays and so would “announce” them in the relevant forum. That might be nice to do again, it would be up to the moderators to arrange.
Ian S
AKA Blue Moon
Blue Moon
Site Admin

Postby WendyR » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:33 pm

Blue Moon wrote:Interesting concept.
Of course, there’s nothing to stop anyone from including their sobriety date in their signature, and/or uploading a coin image for their avatar.

This is a good idea too. :-)
WendyR
Forums Enthusiast

Return to Suggestions