Questions, Questions! Got LOTS of them (at least 12!)

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.
marietta
Forums Contributor

Re: Questions, Questions! Got LOTS of them (at least 12!)

Post by marietta » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:16 pm

I have a theory. I've come to believe that istj04 and btnben are the same person on two browsers. Verrrrry clever, having two voices chirping in self-congratulatory ignorance. This could actually be the troll that visited us about a month or two ago.

Gentlemen: did you get the answers you were looking for?

marietta
"There can be nothing more frequent than an occasional drink." ~ Oscar Wilde

Steven F
Forums Long Timer

Post by Steven F » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:20 pm

istj04 wrote:Is drinking a requirement to be here? I am well aware that it IS in order to attend AA meetings (in order to meet the "desire to stop" criteria and all!).
I'm sorry - had you read the answers provided above before you posted this? Is this an extension to your question nr. 5 or just a quip?

gwally
Forums Enthusiast

Post by gwally » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:21 pm

Got to love a lucid(sober) response to not so openminded questions.
Been around a few 24 and appreciate the civility. Mind was twirling between
Serenity and Slamitity LOL.
Thanks so much Steven and Marietta

btnben
Forums Enthusiast

Post by btnben » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:29 pm

Hello all

I don't know istj. I'm from Plymouth in England - probably heard of it. I have been a member of AA for 25 years. A very dear friend of mine in AA recently died because of the EVIL advice of a sponsor. THIS IS GOING TO STOP!!!!!!!!!!. Names are going to be named, photos posted and, where possible, court cases instigated.

AA is a hotbed of sexual abuse (13th stepping), paedophilia and illegal practice of medicine. This is only going to stop when AA is completely disbanded because they constantly refuse to police themselves. Since AAWS have, by precedent in the Germany court case, done away with "Anonymity", there should be no further bar to telling the truth and identifying the criminals hiding in this corrupt organisation.

You all have a nice day now.
Last edited by btnben on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marietta
Forums Contributor

Post by marietta » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:34 pm

What is this heinous act perpetrated by said sponsor?

marietta

btnben
Forums Enthusiast

Post by btnben » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:37 pm

None of your "F bombing" business, nosey cow.

Steven F
Forums Long Timer

Post by Steven F » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:38 pm

My friend, if you have knowledge of criminal activity going on - in AA or elsewhere - I'm sure everyone will support you in bringing that out. Let's just make a distinction between a criminal act and AA as an organisation, ok? If that group covered stuff up, then that could be criminal act also. But I don't see what for example my home-group has to do with all that. And what is more, even if AA gets banned tomorrow, I doubt any of us would stop with the programme. Simply because it works.

A few months ago, a kid was abused by the janitor in a kindergarten. It doesn't mean schools should be disbanded, or janitors should be shipped off to somewhere remote. I'm sure you can appreciate the difference.

PS I would really like this topic to survive long enough for the original poster to see the answers. Swearing and calling names isn't going to help...
Last edited by Steven F on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

btnben
Forums Enthusiast

Post by btnben » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:40 pm

Steven F

Heard about people like you in Germany in the 1930's. Not gonna get away with it this time - the long knives are going in the other direction.

btnben
Forums Enthusiast

Post by btnben » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:42 pm

The janitor analogy is pure insanity. In my country, anyone who works in a school, including janitors, has to undergo a criminal records and sex offenders register check. How many AA sponsors would agree to that? And, more importantly, how many would pass?

Steven F
Forums Long Timer

Post by Steven F » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:44 pm

You really think I still want to have a conversation with you after your previous two posts?

marietta
Forums Contributor

Post by marietta » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:44 pm

How is it that someone who is a member of the fellowship of AA for 25 years is asking this: "Could you give me the address (either electronic or postal) for AA in the UK ..."? You live there. How can you not have this information yourself?

Regarding your friend who died, have you given any thought to the reality that, although s/he may have been given bad advice from a sponsor, s/he had a choice to accept it or reject it? Unless that sponsor pointed a .45 at your friend and pulled the trigger, s/he did not kill your friend. Everyone wants to blame someone when a life is lost. But we are all solely accountable for the decisions we make. You put the scenario out there as fact and then deny access to details. Sorry, this pile really stinks. Get a grip so we can talk or beat it.

Just what is your gripe,btnben/istj04/troll?

marietta

btnben
Forums Enthusiast

Post by btnben » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:46 pm

Say what you want Steven, I don't give a S***. Just letting you know that people are going to start looking very closely at AA from now on. I and many, many others who agree with me will be helping the authorities at every step.

marietta
Forums Contributor

Post by marietta » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:50 pm

I think people should look at AA more closely. Maybe the ones who have an open mind could grasp the possibilities for sobriety within.

By the way, there are many fine counseling and psychotherapy practices in and around Lipson, Plymouth, and Devon. Is it too late for you to call one of them now?

Moo,

marietta

btnben
Forums Enthusiast

Post by btnben » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:53 pm

Why should I leave? It's fun poking Steppers with sticks. They always make the same squeeling noises. Just enjoying it while I can because it's ending soon.

Don't you think the top guys at AAWS haven't seen the light? There are legal ways of plundering the assets of a company. They've doubled their salaries over the last 3 years - half a million a year for running a postal address...lol. They've got some of the best pension deals in the country (bit underfunded at the moment, so keep putting in the pot...lol). Did you know they are the only people in the US whose health insurance is funded until death?...lol

It''s all falling apart, and guess whose going to be left carrying the can. It's easy to be big and strong on here, but when you're alone, later. think on these things...lol

Karl R
Forums Old Timer

Post by Karl R » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:58 pm

btnben has received a 24 hour time out. Their argumentative nature, violent angry tendencies, and calling other members names. May have been a record for the fastest trip to the time out corner.

Let's play nice.

Karl--forums coordinator