Today I'm grateful for...

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Re: Today I'm grateful for...

Post by ann2 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:34 am

Newcomers discovering this beautiful way of living.

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada

Old Rocker
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Old Rocker » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:29 pm

I'm great full for my new life, of course.

Right now, at this moment, I am grateful for my wife. I know what it feels like to really be loved. AA gave me the ability to be loved by my God, to learn to love myself, and then be suitable to be in a relationship with another person.

It is a very nice two way street.
Accepted the ABC's 01/04/95.
(a) That we were alcoholic and could not manage our own lives.
(b) That probably no human power could have relieved our alcoholism.
(c) That God could and would if He were sought.

aries
Forums Enthusiast

Post by aries » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:16 am

I am grateful for the fact that I was able to help a new-comer in AA during the week.To do it to the best of my ability for this person and mainly with a good heart.something that would have been impossible before.

hopeisabove13
Forums Enthusiast

Post by hopeisabove13 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:12 pm

I'm glad I found this one today. Earlier today, I found myself feeling a little dizzy. I thought it was probably low blood pressure but then was told it could have been low blood sugar. You know what it wasn't? It wasn't anything to do with drinking alcohol or smoking. I remember times when I would feel like that and maybe even go to the doctor to find myself with high BP. I'm grateful to know that whatever is wrong with me, whether a major or minor problem, is something that isn't related to drinking. That's a good thing.

Squawking Hawk
Forums Old Timer

Post by Squawking Hawk » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:01 pm

I'm grateful for a day of sunshine between winter storms. And for these forums as I've not been able to make all my regular meetings this week because of bad weather and other things.

Hawk
Ms. Hawk

I will never forget

chefchip
Forums Long Timer

Post by chefchip » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:55 am

We take our blessings where we find them, don't we, Hawk? I awoke this morning to more snow (after it JUST went away...). This time the snow and everything else was covered with a thick coating of ice, however. It's a mess. But I was one of the first people out and, standing on my deck surveying things, I was struck by how beautiful and still the world was at that very moment!

Which only goes to prove that recovery, when taken too far, can make one sick and demented enough to find beauty anywhere. I wonder if I'll remember how beautiful it is while I try to shovel 3 inches of show with a quarter-inch of ice on top of it? :roll:

Chip
The only constant in life is change.

ann2
Forums Old Timer

Post by ann2 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:03 am

Thanks Chip! Honestly sounds like my life. Everything's a mess but who cares? It's still okay and I have the amazing gift of sobriety which is soo much better than just okay and even better than any of the stuff that has irritated me these past few days. Thanks to AA and you all keeping the faith, I can walk through the challenges (grumpily at times, but trudging forward) and finally get relief in the form of knowing it's okay, no matter what.

Ann

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:24 pm

I am grateful for Alcoholics Anonymous.... The "A" in my ABC Grateful List!

3.5 inches of snow - awakened by the sounds of a truck revving to get up the incline in front of my house. Sometimes we stick there. I have to take the dog to the vet... I almost called in because of my fear - well laziness too - but I have a good vehicle and no other time to take the dog... so again, I am grateful for Alcoholics Anonymous - no other way I would do this. I could make my hubby wake up (he works overnights) and make him go.... but I will just DO it!

:)
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB

lowgroove
Forums Newcomer

Post by lowgroove » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:53 am

Always believing in God, but not knowing him, He has called me through A.A. to start building that bridge. :D

zieger34
Forums Enthusiast

Post by zieger34 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:10 am

Really believing and feeling that when/if I beat my sister on the last hole of the golf course and she has to buy me a drink that I'm so going to enjoy that pop more then I ever did any alcoholic beverage in the past!
Florence

Karl R
Forums Old Timer

Post by Karl R » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:04 pm

.........the disturbances in my life. Whether they be co-worker induced, health challenges, or AA service related. Proves to me that yes, it is possible to live life on life's terms. :-) And do so happily without a drink. Smiling at the end of the day.

enjoy the day everyone,
regards,
Karl

Squawking Hawk
Forums Old Timer

Post by Squawking Hawk » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:35 pm

Being challenged to live beyond my comfort zone. I am especially grateful right now for having this sober space to come to. Whatever challenges I face, I know that I can do sober, for that I am grateful.

Hawk
Ms. Hawk

I will never forget

Duke
Forums Old Timer

Post by Duke » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:38 pm

I'm grateful for all of you, my cyber family.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa

ann2
Forums Old Timer

Post by ann2 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:49 am

Duke, let me second that, and say thank you for this gift of fellowship :)

I am amazed at all the people I feel connected with here. It is good to know you, and meet you and greet you :D

Ann

maurits
Forums Enthusiast

Post by maurits » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:09 pm

dear fellows,

today i'm grateful for the calmness my HP granted me,

today i'm grateful for really experiencing the giving and receiving of love and care,

today i'm grateful for having been (undeserved) forgiven for my past,

fortunately, my higher power still guides me, step by step, one day at a time,

thank you all for sharing experience, strength and hope,

stay safe and connected,

kind regards,

maurits