Links - Deleted Thread - Please Read

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.

Links - Deleted Thread - Please Read

Postby Joe H » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:48 am

Hi all, as a Trusted Servant I had to delete a thread that appeared in this folder. I had no choice in the matter because the author of the original post made the subject of the thread about a Link that is not an approved link.

Please read the "Start Here" folder and the thread titled "Links" before posting a link.

Yours in service,

joe
Joe H
Forums Long Timer

Postby joey » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:50 pm

Hi,

That link to an interview with Bill was posted because I thought it could help someone.

I agree that there is no way to verify if the information that the link claims to have been provided by Bill is actually true. So I propose having a section called "Link" strictly mentioning that any links to information posted by users in that section are not necessarily approved by E-AA .

Then the powers-that-be have the choice to moderate that section appropriately to ensure that nobody posts a link to other recovery sites in an attempt to lure people away from E-AA.

Cheers,
Joey
Joey
joey
Forums Contributor

Postby ann2 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:30 am

joey wrote:Then the powers-that-be have the choice to moderate that section appropriately to ensure that nobody posts a link to other recovery sites in an attempt to lure people away from E-AA.

Joey, you crack me up :-) I love being a power, guffaw guffaw. Hey, I'm rotating out of my powerful position soon, you interested in becoming a moderator? Keeps ya busy and the pay is great :-)

The links policy was arrived at in the group, and every member of the group is a lot more powerful than I am. Please feel free to check us out -- we meet in an email list and you can join through this "approved" link http://lists.eaachat.org/mailman/listinfo/members

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby joey » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:43 am

ann2 wrote:The links policy was arrived at in the group, and every member of the group is a lot more powerful than I am. Ann

I'd like you point out exactly where I said you were more or less powerful that anyone else in the group :)
Joey
joey
Forums Contributor

Postby ann2 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:56 am

Nowhere!! Joey, you thinking of joining the members list? Hope so!

Ann
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby joey » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:53 am

ann2 wrote:Nowhere!! Joey, you thinking of joining the members list? Hope so!

Ann

You mean a moderator ? No not really sorry ;)
Joey
joey
Forums Contributor

Postby ann2 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:00 am

Hi Joey,

Thanks for giving me an opportunity to outline our group activities. e-AA is an online group that conducts meetings through 3 venues. One is the forums, which we are part of here. Another is the chat room, and the third is the email meetings. All are very active gathering and sharing places.

You could also say that our web site itself, e-aa.org, serves as a meeting place, especially the Our Stories section, which you could describe as a speaker meeting.

The group is what has oversight management of the operations. The group, which meets in an email meeting -- you can join through this "approved" link http://lists.eaachat.org/mailman/listinfo/members -- elects trusted servants, reviews monthly reports, and discusses issues, occasionally bringing motions to the vote of the members.

Anyone who considers himself a member of e-AA is welcome in the email meeting members, whether or not he or she plans to perform service for the group. I serve in the moderators committee, Juanita is the current trusted servant in the position of Forums Coordinator, but we both have a say in the operations of the chat room, the email meetings and the web site.

We discuss things like our finances, where to put our contributions, changes in software, any problems that come up that a review by the membership as a whole might help. Sometimes it is work, but there is also fun and fellowship.

So, that is what I meant by "any member of the group is more powerful than me" because I serve at the pleasure of the group. So I was not talking about your becoming a moderator, but your taking part in the decisions of e-AA, the online group which manages the forums along with other responsibilities to the newcomers.

Ann
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Postby samantha » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:04 pm

Thank you to all those who do service for this group.
Sam
samantha

Postby Mike O » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:18 pm

UH-OH!!

SPAMMER ALERT. Methinks!!
Mike O
Forums Old Timer

Postby Juanita1977 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:46 pm

Thanks Mike :)
Juanita1977
Forums Old Timer

Re: Links - Deleted Thread - Please Read

Postby Mike_S. » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:12 pm

"If it Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else."; then you come in here and have the nerve to say, "It doesn't belong here either!"

What's wrong with you?

I don't mind helping out with some factual experience, strength and hope in the structured areas, but, we all need to vent and B.S. about stuff that is NON-AA approved.

If I have to go outside AA to do that because of some (edited out personal attack), I hope one of us drinks.

So long.
Mike_S.
Forums Newcomer

Postby Blue Moon » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:58 pm

You can vent and BS, within reason. This thread is about links to other sites, not venting / BS-ing in this one. For the good of the group as a whole, the e-AA forums links policy is clearly stated even if sometimes inconvenient, and IMO enhances the forums experience rather than detracts from it.
Ian S
AKA Blue Moon
Blue Moon
Site Admin

Postby Karl R » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:34 am

Mike,

You can vent and BS

Yes you can vent and BS within reason here. What will not be allowed is to practice personal attacks on any one member. I've edited your post to remove the offensive reference and locked this thread. Feel free to PM myself or any other member of the team if you wish to discuss this further. As for me, I won't allow any member of the team here, present or from the past, to be the subject of personal attack. Ann has effectively communicated concerning E-AA's links policy. The policy is also clearly stated here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8 Feel free to read the thread and the other thread/E-AA references contained within this thread.

have a nice day,

Karl
Karl R
Forums Old Timer

Return to If It Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else