Emmet Fox: Treat the Because

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.

Emmet Fox: Treat the Because

Postby avaneesh912 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:33 am

This is part of Emmet Foxs' Speech:

What is Your Because?

When you find yourself thinking that your prayer cannot be answered for any reason - treat that reason. When something says that you cannot demonstrate "because" - treat the because.

When you think, I cannot demonstrate because I have not enough understanding, treat for understanding.

When you think, I cannot demonstrate because I have a headache - treat the headache.

When you think, I cannot demonstrate because I am full of doubts - treat the doubts.

When you think, I cannot demonstrate because it is now too late - treat against the time illusion.

When you think, I cannot demonstrate because in this part of the country - treat against space illusion.

When you think, I cannot demonstrate because of my age - treat your age belief.

When you think, I cannot demonstrate because someone else will hinder me - treat the belief in a power other than God.

No matter what name the because may give itself, it is still your belief in limitation. Be loyal to God and know that He and He alone has all the power. Treat the because.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Return to If It Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else