Project on Spiritual Growth

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.

Project on Spiritual Growth

Postby Ian » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:08 am

Hi everyone,

I am a psychology graduate student in San Diego working on a dissertation entitled "Cross-Cultural Perspectives of Spiritual Growth in Alcoholics Anonymous." The purpose of my project is to talk with people about their experiences in recovery, with a specific focus on the spiritual elements that have been involved.

So far I have interviewed 7 people, but would still like to find a few more (I'm aiming for 10-15 total). If you or anyone you know might be interested in chatting with me (even just to get a bit more information, ask questions, and so forth) please feel free to send me a PM through this forum. I can assure you that I am a trustworthy individual with genuine intentions.

Just so you know, I'm hoping to involve AA members who have a minimum of 5 years of sobriety and who attribute at least some of their success to the spiritual elements of the program. I'm also hoping to interview a very diverse group of people, in order to honor and include a broad range of cultural and religious backgrounds in my discussion.

I am particularly interested in getting in touch with any women who might be interested in sharing their stories (I've had a much easier time getting in touch with men for some reason), or people who come from Non-Christian backgrounds. That being said, if you have any interest at all in what I'm doing, please feel free to contact me.

The interview itself is entirely composed of open-ended questions and doesn't last much more than an hour. My only desire is to get a sense of each person's story. Each participant's anonymity will absolutely be maintained, without question, and the interview can be conducted over the phone.

Thanks a lot for reading this rather long message, I appreciate your time and consideration!

Ian W.
Ian
Forums Newcomer

Return to If It Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else