Can't remember doing this before!

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.

Can't remember doing this before!

Postby positrac » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:01 am

I know I am not unique on this and yet it is my first time I can actually recall ever doing this one: Saturday I am stopping at a store before I meet the group at our Veterans cemetery for Wreaths across America. I have a grey Toyota with tinted windows and so I get my fob out and hit the unlock and I walk up to the back door to open it for my granddaughter and my wife is with me and the door won't open. Hit the unlock again and still no joy.... I grumble WTF! and I realized it wasn't my car! Hello!!!! The two cars were almost side by side with salt spray from the roads and they were identical matches. I can laugh it off and my grand daughter just got the biggest kick out that slick move and I'd never forget it I am sure. :oops:

So how about this: Post some of those moments in sobriety that should of been drunk moments and weren't! Like the time I lost my car on a date at the mall. Guess what? I didn't get any that night and not even a phone call....... Just as well anyways. But I was embarrassed because I knew where I parked it and when out the wrong exit because they all looked the same.

Without further adieu it is your turn.
Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It's the best part of the day.
George Allen, Sr.
positrac
Trusted Servant

Re: Can't remember doing this before!

Postby beginningagain7 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:58 am

Your story sounds like the car commercial that shows a man trying to get into his car, just to find out it wasn't his car. =biggrin

When my wife was able to drive she most of the time couldn't remember where she parked. To bad because of the car we have now has a button that you can push and it will sound the horn. So then you can find it just listen to which car horn's beeping.
Beginningagain4
John T.
beginningagain7
Trusted Servant

Postby Brock » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:23 am

Thanks for the story I enjoyed it, life does take little twists now and again.

Where I live we have unofficial taxis, which drop passengers in rural areas, just plain cars with no markings. When I was drinking, I stopped at a roadside bar for a couple of quick ones, not knowing that the bar car park was a known starting point for this service. I had left the car open, and when I came out four ‘passengers’ were inside. There are no white folks doing this type of work in the West Indies, so they knew it was a mistake when they saw me, but I felt bad because they were waiting and so I dropped them without charge, we all ended up laughing about it.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby Spirit Flower » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:12 am

Yesterday, I had a rental car. I spent 10 minutes looking around the drivers area for the button to open the gas hatch. Finally, feeling very stupid, I went in the store to see if the attendant knew. It turns out just press on the hatch and it open. Duh!
...a score card reading zero...
Spirit Flower
Forums Old Timer

Postby Jojo2 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:34 am

Thank you for the smiles ~ and memories!

I once had a hire car that baffled not just me in trying to open the fuel cap. There was a queue of cars behind me and I was squirming with embarrassment as the minutes ticked by and one person after another admitted defeat. Eventually, one man came forward with the secret, quirky key fob combination.. and I later made a firm 'suggestion' to the car hire firm.

On another occasion, I had a frantic 'phone call from a colleague, a very mature, sensible, no-nonsense woman. Her car had gone missing whilst parked in town and the police were informed. I drove the 50 miles into town and back to accompany her home. As I made her a cup of tea, the 'phone rang. It was the police. Her car had been found.
She had indeed left it on Level 4 as she stated ~ on level 4 of a different multi-storey car park ~ and there it was, waiting for me to drive her back to collect it ...

Last one ( for now ). Some years ago, I took an elderly lady out for the day. Returning to the car, an ice cream van had parked opposite and she insisted on buying us each an ice cream. I unlocked the car and sat down, still within sight of her in the queue.
Back she came, paused two cars away, opened the passenger door and, without looking, settled herself into the passenger seat and stretched out her arm to offer a complete stranger my ice cream ! I still laugh now, remembering his expression and how we all fell about laughing at the time.
Jojo2
Trusted Servant

Postby positrac » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:19 am

Brock wrote:Thanks for the story I enjoyed it, life does take little twists now and again.

Where I live we have unofficial taxis, which drop passengers in rural areas, just plain cars with no markings. When I was drinking, I stopped at a roadside bar for a couple of quick ones, not knowing that the bar car park was a known starting point for this service. I had left the car open, and when I came out four ‘passengers’ were inside. There are no white folks doing this type of work in the West Indies, so they knew it was a mistake when they saw me, but I felt bad because they were waiting and so I dropped them without charge, we all ended up laughing about it.

Antiqua was a frequent stop over for our crew heading east across the pond. The roads from the airport to our resort lodging was a good trek and the roads are great..... If I had been drinking I reckon I would of barfed because of the unstable ride. My wife has done this a few times with me and unknown times by herself. She opens a car door and got inside this car. It was a black man and so he was tripping my wife was embarrassed and I just looked on. All of this was in sobriety..... I think we have a pattern here and or she was trying to tell me something and for the life of me I am still clueless. :lol:
George Allen, Sr.
positrac
Trusted Servant

Postby tomsteve » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:39 am

quite similar exprience here,posi.
drove up to grab some milk. come out, get in my car and theres an older woman sitting shotgun. she says," my husband said,"let me know if the owner of that car tries to get in this one." apparently he purposefully parked right next to me and closer to the store. identical year and color ford tauruses.
tomsteve
Forums Contributor

Postby Tosh » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:22 am

Years ago, as a young soldier, on a night out in Germany, I met a blonde German lass and we chatted and I asked to meet her the next evening in a local bar. She agreed.

So, the next evening, I had a couple of quick drinks in the Naafi bar with the lads and then left to go meet my date.

I arrived there early, but there she was already, sat at a table. "She's keen!" I thought and I walked up to her and asked if she would like a drink. She said yes, so I got a couple of drinks and we started chatting.

After a short while, I looked up, and saw another blonde German lass at the bar giving me the evil-eyes. It dawned on me that the blonde lady I was sat talking to wasn't the lady I'd met the previous night, but to be fair to myself, they did look very similar. So I gave a nervous laugh and explained the situation to the lass I was with, and then went over to the blonde German who I should've met, with a big grin, hoping she'd find the situation funny.

She didn't. She left in a huff. The other blonde German didn't seem interested anymore either, so I left to return to the Naafi bar, where my so-called comrades laughed at my misfortune.
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby Tosh » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:26 am

Oh, I stayed at an army transit accommodation; just a big corridor with four-man-rooms leading off to the left and right. After a night out I managed to get into bed okay, but then I needed the toilet, so dressed only in my underpants and boots (standard army dress for night-time-visits to the toilets) I went to the toilet.

On my return to my room I found a soldier had snuck into my bed. So dressed in only my pants and unlaced boots, I dragged his naked body out of my bed; he shouted a bit and tried to get aggressive, but I didn't care and threw him out, and got back into my bed.

Ten minutes later one of my friends shook me and said "Tosh, mate, you're in the wrong room!" :lol:
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby positrac » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:24 am

Tosh, now those posts are just good clean fun!!!!! I spent time in Australia and in Diego Garcia and the Brits do like to get bloody pissed and do some odd things sorry to say and the next day they are all hung over not feeling so chippy.
I like to look back at my past and not dwell on the drinking part as much as the events in the drinking that make me humble of my success being sober. My military days I have some good stories of my stupidity while on the grog and yet they were mostly harmless things that are good to laugh at.

Cheers.
George Allen, Sr.
positrac
Trusted Servant

Return to If It Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else