Feeling like crap

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Feeling like crap

Postby Noels » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:52 pm

Hi everyone :D just feel the need to post tonight. So I attended a meeting again tonight and I feel really sad. Its as if I don't even fit in with the members in the rooms anymore despite me relating to much in the share tonight. The share was brilliant. So I relate to the share but no longer with the people in the rooms.
Once damage is done on a very deep level I wonder if a person ever really get over it. I wont even say that its a resentment anymore. Its just "a thing" with no face and no number (like the Modern Talking song). Perhaps some hurts are really simply too big and deep to ever really "get over ". Anyways .... I'm still sober and that's what count.
Have an awesome evening.
Noels xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby avaneesh912 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:15 pm

4th dimension of living is just that. there is pain, there is joy but yet we go on with life.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Postby clouds » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:25 am

Time heals all wounds Noels. You will feel better.
Ask God for Shelter, you will get it.
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.
clouds
Trusted Servant

Postby Noels » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:21 am

Thanks Ava and Clouds. Its nice to know there are still some genuine people who really cares.
Have an awesome Sunday evening.
Mwah xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Blue Moon » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:21 pm

Noels wrote:Its as if I don't even fit in with the members in the rooms anymore despite me relating to much in the share tonight. The share was brilliant. So I relate to the share but no longer with the people in the rooms.

I used to feel that way sometimes. It was generally a sign that I needed to get more involved, eg pick up a commitment. This could be making coffee, doing speaking commitments, leader, something to be involved rather than just being another bum on a seat. Some seem content to take and not give back, maybe just BS outside and treat it like a coffee morning. But this doesn't work for me. Sometimes, some meetings have a group of individuals go to a cafe or something for food / coffee, that can be cool.
Ian S
AKA Blue Moon
Blue Moon
Site Admin

Postby desypete » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:33 am

the very first message i heard in aa was to keep coming back
it applies to old timers just as much as new comers
there will be times on the road that people get fed up with aa for whatever reason i have been around 12 years and in that time i have seen so many people come and get well and then after time they stop coming back

the rooms of aa should be full of people who has ever got sober full of people with 50 years sobriety yet there are hardly any in the fellowship with 20,or 10 years let alone 50

from what i can see the ones who have made it so long in the fellowship are the ones who have been very active and are still active in service.
they have made it part of there lives to give back to the fellowship and helping others

i stopped going to aa in my early 20s after 3 years as i was bored of hearing the same things being said over and over again by the same people, they were not talking the way i wanted them to so i cut down the meetings to 1 a week
then i stopped going to that 1 meeting a week as i really didnt need it anymore as i was sober and my life was ok

i went 15 years before i picked up the drink again and this time the drink took me to losing it all

so i had to learn the hard way just why it is that simple message of keep coming back keeps getting said over and over again

if i stop coming back then i am on my own and i just can not do this on my own. the first thing that will happen to me is i will think i know what is right for everyone i will start to become god again in my own little world and shape it the way i want it

aa and the people will keep my feet firmly planted in what is real and the other beauty of this way of life is being there ready to help a new comer and see them shaking, see them full of fear, paranoia in deep trouble with no way out

new comers keep it all fresh for me, takes me back to if it was yesterday that it was me in there position

in my area i had to go everywhere i could looking for new comers as not many came to our meetings as its not a very big area with a high number of new comers showing up so i had to go out and find them myself

i went to city meeting and other areas i even started to spend time with tramps thinking i could save them

i havent saved a single tramp yet but they certainly have saved me

you have reminded me that i must get a bit more active in the field myself as i have been a bit lazy myself lately

anyway like i said at the start of the message keep coming back even when you dont feel you want to as those are the times to put that little bit more effort in

on a practical level is some are getting on your nerves in the fellowship then try other meetings
or better still get out there and find a new comer to help
desypete
Forums Contributor

Postby clouds » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:36 am

Hi Noels, hows it going these days?
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.
clouds
Trusted Servant

Previous

Return to If It Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else