In the Grand Scheme of Life ...

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: In the Grand Scheme of Life ...

Postby Noels » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:14 pm

Good morning beautiful people :D

Blue thank you so much for stepping in but I wasn't referring to your post at all :shock: Having re-read it right now I still don't see any referrals made to lies or not sharing the truth. I'm posting to show you :D nothing not true or "possibly true" at all here :D

Yes. AA itself has various committees to help with community outreach.(Possible) For example, Cooperation with the Professional Community help judges, lawyers, doctors, employers etc. understand what AA is or isn't. (This was covered in an older post regarding court "forced" attendees so - possible)

Beyond AA, as individuals we can each decide how we'll spend our time. (Absolutely - agree) Will we spend it hiding in the basement at 14 AA meetings a week, pretending to be "better than" yet slapping their God in the face? (Pretty sure this happens so - possible) Or will we go out there and put our personal recovery into action without having to mention AA or alcoholism at all? (No clue but possible)

All I would suggest is not to forget our roots here. I come back to AA, stay active here. It's just not the be-all and end-all as too many would have it.- totally agree

Nope, it was another post here where I saw that in. Be that as it may, its not important since ive found the answer to my own question - must be "guidance from God" as I mentioned in yet another post on another thread. A trusted person is going to help me this weekend create a website where we can help "the still suffering " - suffering in ALL aspects of life by posting / covering everything I have personal LIFE experience in -not only alcoholism. That will be my way of "giving back" to the community including non-alcoholics so I guess that will be my way of honouring not only myself, AA, sobriety but all of creation which would also be giving back to and honouring the God of my understanding for not only my life but life as a whole.

Since we're not allowed to share links to websites (honouring "the rules" of this site) i'll possibly share once the site is up and going and anyone interested in sharing, viewing, reading, learning - can PM me direct for details. That shouldn't be against this site rules surely since I would hate to come across as breaking the rules, disrespecting anyone - including AA whom I love remember?

Anyways .... thank you for being prepared to "take the fall for me" - if I may use those words for lack of a better description - but it honestly wasn't necessary. There is nothing to fall from. Truth is truth.

Have an awesome day

Love and Light
Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby positrac » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:56 am

Brock wrote:

In other words, if someone doesn’t ask for your help, we have found speaking to a drinker doesn’t work, and sometimes breeds a resentment, 'who do you feel you are, telling me about drinking?' kind of thing.

That is what I was wanting to say in short and I didn't nail it down.
Noels

Parts of life one can share and open up and it has no direct reflection because we might be just passing through. Unlike work, clubs, religious things, military units that can pin one into a corner because of honesty of self preservation of sobriety and brew resentments. As I reflect I am human and I do have all of the traits of others and so no exemptions of passing judgments even if I have sobriety today.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Postby Cristy99 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:33 am

Noels:

Life is sometimes heartbreaking to watch on so many levels. So many suffer in life outside the world of AA. Help is desperately needed....EVERYWHERE!!!!

I often share in meetings, or when asked by someone regarding 12th step work that I don't believe the 12th step must be limited to folks in AA. I think that perhaps they should have a little priority so that no AA is denied the 12th step when needed. There are times when there is no immediate need in an AA group for 12th step work....everyone has someone with whom to work. For me, any type of service to ANYONE gives the same, or almost the same effect as working with another alcoholic....gets my mind on someone else rather than hanging out in my head....a really bad neighborhood!!!

I get really good vibes even if I am just taking out the garbage for my elderly neighbor.
"Talk doesn't cook rice."
~ Chinese proverb
Cristy99
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Noels » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:29 am

Hi Christy thanks for your post. Perhaps youd like to read my pm to Paige under today's daily reflection also? I actually did a pm to Paige but it somehow went onto post so i left it interpreting the change as 'God wants it there that's why it happened '. ?
Anyways like I said. .. thanks for sharing.
Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:28 pm

Good evening beautiful people. Thank you for being with me when I needed you the most. I enjoyed our time spent together but am moving on.
God bless
Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Chelle » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:37 pm

I wish you all good things Noels. =biggrin
Chelle
Forums Contributor

Postby avaneesh912 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:09 am

In the book Power of Now, the publisher asks Eckhart:

How can we drop negativityt?

By dropping it. How do you drop a piece of hot coal that you are holding in your hand? How do you drop some heavy and useless baggage that you are carrying? By recognizing that you don't want to suffer the pain or carry the burden anymore and then letting go of it.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Previous

Return to If It Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else