Our AA Members in Texas - Hurricane Harvey

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.

Our AA Members in Texas - Hurricane Harvey

Postby JohnDaniels » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:04 pm

With Hurricane Harvey slamming Texas yesterday and the devastation still going on today let's keep our Texas AA brothers and sisters in our thoughts and prayers. We have several members on the boards here living in Texas.
I have a fishing buddy in Corpus Christi who I have not been able to get through to yet.

If anyone here has heard from any of our members from Texas let us know and give them our best.

Our first thoughts are concern for these people. Also, what would we do to help if we could? Well, During Katrina allot of the folks where we live and around the country opened our homes to the Louisiana Hurricane Victims as long as it took them to get back on their feet. The same thing applies now if needed.

Let's keep our extended family in our thoughts and well-wishes.
JohnDaniels
Trusted Servant

Re: Our AA Members in Texas - Hurricane Harvey

Postby Brock » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:22 pm

Well said John. The lovely Spirit Flower, who puts up the daily reflection on these boards each day has been affected, she lives near the coast in Houston. We are filling in for her, and will only know how she got through when she comes back on. Thank heaven, from what I saw on TV today, it doesn’t look half as bad as they expected. As you say, lets keep all in those areas in our thoughts.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby Brock » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:45 am

But now from this mornings TV, we see unprecedented flooding and a forecast that the rain will last for quite some time. To all of our members who live in those areas, even if lack of electricity means you can't be with us here, our thoughts are with you.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby JohnDaniels » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:51 pm

Thanks Brock. I heard on a weather report Houston is expecting 50" of rain before it's over.

I still haven't heard from any friends and can not get through to my fishing buddy in Corpus Christi.
JohnDaniels
Trusted Servant

Postby positrac » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:28 am

Spirit, please be safe and hopefully you are on solid ground with the necessary things for survival.
I was supposed to go to GATS in Dallas over the weekend and drive one of my friends trucks for the show. Late last week he told me he was going to canx out because of the storm and the possible traffic that could be associated with the evac of Houston and East Texas. I was let down and yet I am glad we didn't go because of the issues on the ground.

For the rest of the folks in Texas hopefully that storm will head out and disappear and cause no more damages and people can get back to living.

Prayers and Peace.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Postby Spirit Flower » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi, I have been hanging out in a hotel. My house is fine, but I can't get to it. Sorry I forgot about this web page for a few days. I might go home tomorrow or the next day.
...a score card reading zero...
Spirit Flower
Trusted Servant

Postby Brock » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:43 pm

Very happy to hear both yourself and your house are OK.
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby JohnDaniels » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:07 pm

Thank you Spirit Flower.

I am please to hear you are safe. When the Teton Dam broke they wouldn't let me go back for a several days either. Nothing like what you folks are facing though. Again, I'm glad to hear you are ok.
JohnDaniels
Trusted Servant

Postby positrac » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:46 am

Spirit Flower wrote:Hi, I have been hanging out in a hotel. My house is fine, but I can't get to it. Sorry I forgot about this web page for a few days. I might go home tomorrow or the next day.

Great news about your situation.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Return to If It Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else