From A New Earth

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.

From A New Earth

Postby avaneesh912 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:15 am

The Roman philosopher Tacitus rightly observed that “the desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.”

If uncertainty is unacceptable to you, it turns into fear. If it is perfectly acceptable, it turns into increased aliveness, alertness, and creativity.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Re: From A New Earth

Postby PaigeB » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:13 am

Cool.

I am obsessed with a pending dental procedure. I have unreasonable fantasy of what will happen - been that way all my life really. It brings a desire for safety AND it seem unacceptable to me on many levels.

But Maybe it is time for something new and different.
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Duke » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:56 am

Acceptance of the uncertainty and unpredictability of life is essential to my peace of mind.

I work in the field of conflict resolution. It's been my experience that while most people accept this idea readily, they have no idea how to implement it. It seems that as long as it's a concept, it's acceptable, but as soon as it relates to something they really, really believe they need or cannot part with, all efforts towards accepting it is their fear that is the problem, go by the way.

I've come to the conclusion that it is human nature to have the intellect succumb quite easily to emotions. That is particularly true when dealing with the fundamental fear that this one is.

It seems to me that unconditional acceptance of this idea is the core of spirituality.

Thanks for sharing.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa
Duke
Forums Old Timer

Postby clouds » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:53 am

I must enjoy the challenge if uncertainty, judging from the lengths I go to provide myself with so much of it!
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.
clouds
Trusted Servant

Postby PaigeB » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:34 am

clouds wrote:I must enjoy the challenge if uncertainty, judging from the lengths I go to provide myself with so much of it!

ahahhahahahahahaaaaahaHAHAHAA :mrgreen: :lol: :P :shock: :lol: :D :) =biggrin
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Return to If It Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else