Ten Step Promises Apology

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.

Ten Step Promises Apology

Postby Noels » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:08 am

good afternoon beautiful people :D

I was watching my favourite show 'Mom' this afternoon when a light bulb went on in my brain. Today's episode was where Cristie (the cute Lil blonde 'recovered' alcoholic) met some guy. She was very chuffed with him but as it turned out he was a health freak, seemingly rigid with his beliefs in healing the earth and pretty much unbending with his beliefs and opinions relating thereto. To the extent that even I thought 'Oh man!!!, what a dufus!'

It was at that moment that it hit me like a thunder bolt. I have been like that 'dufus' for a while now with my beliefs and opinions on spiritual matters!

OMG!!! How on earth did I get there I wondered kinda wondering at the same time how I'm 'gonna get out of this one ' :D :D : :wink:

I pulled cards, looked at all the possible 'escape' routes , asked for guidance and finally read the 10th step promise which says

The 10th Step Promises
Step 10 Promises

And we have ceased fighting anything or anyone-even alcohol. For by this time sanity will have returned. We will seldom be interested in liquor. If tempted, we recoil from it as from a hot flame. We react sanely and normally, and we will find that this has happened automatically. We will see that our new attitude toward liquor has been given us without any thought or effort on our part. It just comes! That is the miracle of it. We are not fighting it, neither are we avoiding temptation. We feel as though we had been placed in a position of neutrality—safe and protected. We have not even sworn off. Instead, the problem has been removed. It does not exist for us. We are neither cocky nor are we afraid. That is how we react so long as we keep in fit spiritual condition.

Well, there was clearly no "clever" way to 'escape ' what needed to be done so please accept my humble apology for being 'a stuck up dufus' for some time. I must have driven you crazy yet you remained cool, calm, collected and super sweet in all your posts and responses. (Probably tongue -in -the -cheek many times :D with deep laughter "dimples" on both cheeks :?) which silent action I appreciate now even more than before.

Thank you for giving me the space to discover, learn and expand in my own time (and yours :idea: ).

I am humbly grateful to each of you and blessed to be here.

Much love and laughter sent with this post
Mwah xxxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Re: Ten Step Promises Apology

Postby Brock » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:38 am

It takes guts to say that, well done Noels.

When you say -“you remained cool, calm, collected and super sweet in all your posts and responses.” Well that applies to most folks, as you know I am not most folks, so I did grumble and complain. Anyway it was all meant in good spirits without malice, I have a possible defect in that I enjoy stuff like that, a chance to argue my beliefs on the forums, instead of just smiling and living and let live, it makes life here more interesting.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby Spirit Flower » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:18 am

:wink:
...a score card reading zero...
Spirit Flower
Trusted Servant

Postby PaigeB » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:07 pm

I have found that AA people truly understand the phrase "growing pains".

I used to think it meant when your shoes get too small, but it is also when our HP needs our feet to grow.

Funny thing? AA's have learned not to judge because we too can & will be judged.

Thank you for sharing your Experience - we will need it in the future, no doubt.
Your Strength ~ as it will surely come in handy even if you found it wrongly pointed, you found it ~ we did too.
And your Hope that gets each of us through our own hard times.

You're a Peach Noel. (insert heart emoji)

"We will react sanely and normally." Cool promise.
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Noels » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:49 pm

Thanks guys. Honesty and Trust is high on my list so I'll always apologise if I feel I have been wrong.
Thank you for your kind acceptance,

Lotsa Love and Light,
Mwah xxxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby positrac » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:22 am

Brock wrote:It takes guts to say that, well done Noels.

a chance to argue my beliefs on the forums, instead of just smiling and living and let live, it makes life here more interesting.

You don't say..... :oops:

I would say the hardest part of apologies is having to swallow that others are still angry and don't really care about how sorry I am! ouch!

On the other side my defects are still alive and well and it is up to me to harness them as I will be a lot happier. And arguing on forums at times is fun and other times just insane. All I will humbly say is you are the man keep on rocking. :wink:
Hopefully you take those words in knowing it is me just being me about 1/2 off my rocker and somewhere in la la land.

Cheers
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:52 am

:D :D :D I agree. It is fun to argue now and then. I think its also good cause then we get different viewpoints which allow us to consider other possibilities.

Chill guys, its not so hard to apologize once you're over the initial embarrassment with yourself. And then it depends on the other person whether to accept or decline. Either way is better than the "argument" in our own heads and then at least we know where we stand with that person :D

Mwah xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:19 am

Either way is better than the "argument" in our own heads and then at least we know where we stand with that person

=biggrin :D :lol: =wink :P :shock: =biggrin :lol: :lol: :) :P :mrgreen: :lol:
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Doddering Moron » Sun May 07, 2017 5:55 pm

Are these (extravagant) promises. We think not (that means 'No'). You WILL have (some) sanity. You WILL have a newattitude and outlook on life. Thé feeling of uselessness WILL disappear.

Thèse are NOT 'promises'.
Doddering Moron
Forums Enthusiast

Postby PaigeB » Mon May 08, 2017 10:52 am

I always thought that meant that these are not extravagant...
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Return to If It Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else