Little Stories ...

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.

Little Stories ...

Postby Noels » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:19 am

A story is told about a certain man whom one day, was crossing a bridge in life but was scared so he turned and asked Creator :"Can I hold your hand so I may not fall?"

Creator said :"No my child. I will hold your hand".

The man asked :"What's the difference?"

Creator replied :"If you hold my hand, something happens you might let go, but if I hold your hand, no matter what happens, I will never let you go".
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Re: Little Stories ...

Postby Noels » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:07 am

An old Doberman starts chasing rabbits and before long discover that he's lost. Wandering about he notices a lion heading rapidly in his direction with the intention of having lunch. The old Doberman thinks "Oh no! I'm in deep dwang now!"

Noticing some bones on the ground close by he immediately settles down to chew on the bones with his back to the approaching cat.

Just as the lion is about to leap, the old Doberman exclaims loudly "Boy, that was one delicious lion! I wonder if there are any more around here?"

Hearing this the young lion halts his attack in mid stride. A look of terror comes over him and he slinks away into the trees.

"Whew!" thinks the lion. "That was close! That old Doberman nearly had me!"

Meanwhile, a squirrel who had been watching the whole scene from a nearby tree figures he can put this knowledge to good use and trade it for protection from the lion. So off he goes. The squirrel soon catches up with the lion, spills the beans and strike a deal for himself with the lion.

The young lion is furious at being made a fool of and says "Here squirrel, hop on my back and see what's going to happen to that conniving canine!".

The old Doberman sees the lion coming back and think "What am I going to do now?" but ... instead of running the dog sits down with his back to his attackers pretending he hadn't seen them yet. Just when they get close enough to hear the old Doberman says "Where's that squirrel? I sent him off an hour ago to bring me another lion!"

Moral of this story ....
Don't mess with the old dogs ... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery. BS and brilliance only come with age and experience :lol:
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby positrac » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:01 pm

I reckon I have to ask for a hand a lot and never acknowledge that unless something really gets my attention. That is just me =geek
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:01 pm

:D and we love you exactly as you are Posi :D
Sleep tight
Mwah xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:20 am

A Primary school teacher asked her pupils to write and essay on "A wish you want from God". At the end of the day, the teacher collected all the essays handed in by her pupils. She took them home and started marking.

Whilst marking the essays the sees a strange essay written by one of her pupils. That essay made her very emotional. Her husband came and sat beside her and saw her crying. The husband asked "What happened? Why are you crying?"

She handed him the essay and he started reading :" Oh God, make me a television. I want to live like the television in my house. In my house the television even when its not working is very valuable. All of my family members sit around it. They are very interested in it. When the TV is talking my parents listen to it. They don't shout at the television nor do they quarrel with the television. They don't slap the television so I want to be a television. While watching the television my parents laugh a lot and smile many times. I want my parents to laugh and smile with me also so please God, I want to live like a television. Please turn me into a television."

The husband completed reading the essay and said "My God, poor kid, he feels lonely. He does not receive enough love and care from his parents. They are horrible!"

Her eyes brimming with tears, the primary school teacher looked at her husband and said :"Our son wrote this essay".

Have a fun filled Friday :D
Mwah xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby positrac » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:55 am

Noels wrote::D and we love you exactly as you are Posi :D
Sleep tight
Mwah xxx

Sometimes that could be really subjective on how I am. I am the one who does wear the heart on the sleeve and believes that if I am to get better, then I need honesty and maybe my mistakes will save someone in the rooms and in life not to be like me! =ugeek

But I appreciate the kind words.

Cheers
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:36 am

:D None of us are perfect-perfect bud. Luckily we don't have to be either :D

Off to a meeting. Talk later

mwah xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Deleted

Postby Noels » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:54 am

Deleted
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:40 am

a 24 year old looking out through a train's window shouted "Dad, look! The trees are going behind. The are moving very fast!" His dad simply stared at him with much joy and smiled.

A young couple seated nearby was looking at the 24 year old and thought to themselves, "He's so grown up but so childish. He must have a mental disorder for his father not to be bothered".

Suddenly the young man exclaimed again "Dad Look! The clouds are running with us!" The couple could not resist and said to the old man "Why don't you take your son to a good doctor, maybe a psychiatrist?"

The old man smiled and said "I just did". "We just from a doctor but not a psychiatrist. We are from the hospital. My son was blind from birth. He got his sight today for the very first time. His behavior may seem stupid to you but its more than a miracle to me".

The young couple was lost for words and a mixture of tears and shame filled their eyes ..."

MORAL OF THE STORY - Everybody on earth have a story. We don't know where they are from or what they've had to deal with. The truth behind their story may surprise you. Take it easy with others even if you have a perfect life. Let us keep working towards the good of all.
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:26 pm

Woman .....

When God created woman he was working late on the 6th day ...
An Angel came by and asked "Why spend so much ime on her?"
Creator answered :"Have you seen all the specifications I have to meet to shape her?"

* She must function in all kinds of situations;
* She must be able to embrace several kids at the same time;
* Have a hug that can heal anything from a bruised knee to a broken heart;
* She must do all this with only two hands;
* She cures herself when sick and work 18 hours a day.

The Angel was impressed. "Just two hands?... Impossible! ... And this is the standard model?"

The Angel came closer and touched the woman.

"But you have made her so soft Creator!"
"She is soft", said Creator, "but I have made her strong. You can't imagine what she can endure and overcome".

"Can she think?" The Angel asked.
Creator answered :"Not only can she think, she can reason and negotiate".

The Angel touched her cheeks ...
"God, it seems this creation is leaking! You have put too many burdens on her!".
"She is not leaking ... it is a tear". God corrected the Angel.

"What's it for?" Asked the Angel...
Creator said "Tears are her way of expressing her grief, her doubts, her love, her loneliness, her suffering and her pride..."

This made a big impression on the Angel.
"God, you are a genius. You thought of everything. A woman is indeed marvelous!"

Creator said :"Indeed she is.
* She has strength that amazes a man;
* She can handle trouble and carry heavy burdens;
* She holds happiness, love and opinions;
* She smiles when she feels like screaming;
* She sings when she feels like crying, cries when happy and laughs when afraid;
* She fights for what she believes in;
* Her love is unconditional;
* Her heart is broken when a next-of-kin or a friend dies but she finds strength to get on with life".

The Angel asked : "So she is the perfect being?"
God replied - "No. She has just one drawback. She often forgets what she is worth".

Being a woman is priceless. I respect women.

xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Thu May 04, 2017 1:16 pm

Evening Beautiful People :D A gorgeous lil story shared with me today ...

At a fundraising dinner for a school that serves children with learning disabilities, the father of one of the students delivered a speech that would never be forgotten by all who attended. After extolling the school and its dedicated staff, he offered a question:

'When not interfered with by outside influences, everything nature does, is done with perfection.

Yet my son, Shay, cannot learn things as other children do. He cannot understand things as other children do.

Where is the natural order of things in my son?'

The audience was stilled by the query.

The father continued. 'I believe that when a child like Shay, who was mentally and physically disabled comes into the world, an opportunity to realise true human nature presents itself, and it comes in the way other people treat that child.'

Then he told the following story:

Shay and I had walked past a park where some boys Shay knew were playing baseball. Shay asked, 'Do you think they'll let me play?'

I knew that most of the boys would not want someone like Shay on their team, but as a father I also understood that if my son were allowed to play, it would give him a much-needed sense of belonging and some confidence to be accepted by others in spite of his handicaps.

I approached one of the boys on the field and asked (not expecting much) if Shay could play. The boy looked around for guidance and said, 'We're losing by six runs and the game is in the eighth inning. I guess he can be on our team and we'll try to put him in to bat in the ninth inning.'

Shay struggled over to the team's bench and, with a broad smile, put on a team shirt. I watched with a small tear in my eye and warmth in my heart. The boys saw my joy at my son being accepted.

In the bottom of the eighth inning, Shay's team scored a few runs, but was still behind by three.

In the top of the ninth inning, Shay put on a glove and played in the right field. Even though no hits came his way, he was obviously ecstatic just to be in the game and on the field, grinning from ear to ear as I waved to him from the stands.

In the bottom of the ninth inning, Shay's team scored again.

Now, with two outs and the bases loaded, the potential winning run was on base and Shay was scheduled to be next at bat.

At this juncture, do they let Shay bat and give away their chance to win the game?

Surprisingly, Shay was given the bat. Everyone knew that a hit was all but impossible because Shay didn't even know how to hold the bat properly, much less connect with the ball.

However, as Shay stepped up to the plate, the pitcher, recognizing that the other team was putting winning aside for this moment in Shay's life, moved in a few steps to lob the ball in softly so Shay could at least make contact.

The first pitch came and Shay swung clumsily and missed.

The pitcher again took a few steps forward to toss the ball softly towards Shay.

As the pitch came in, Shay swung at the ball and hit a slow ground ball right back to the pitcher.

The game would now be over.

The pitcher picked up the soft grounder and could have easily thrown the ball to the first baseman.

Shay would have been out and that would have been the end of the game.

Instead, the pitcher threw the ball right over the first baseman's head, out of reach of all team mates.

Everyone from the stands and both teams started yelling, 'Shay, run to first! Run to first!'

Never in his life had Shay ever run that far, but he made it to first base.

He scampered down the baseline, wide-eyed and startled.

Everyone yelled, 'Run to second, run to second!'

Catching his breath, Shay awkwardly ran towards second, gleaming and struggling to make it to the base.

By the time Shay rounded towards second base, the right fielder had the ball. The smallest guy on their team now had his first chance to be the hero for his team.

He could have thrown the ball to the second-baseman for the tag, but he understood the pitcher's intentions so he, too, intentionally threw the ball high and far over the third-baseman's head.

Shay ran toward third base deliriously as the runners ahead of him circled the bases toward home.
All were screaming, 'Shay, Shay, Shay, all the Way Shay'.

Shay reached third base because the opposing shortstop ran to help him by turning him in the direction of third base, and shouted, 'Run to third! Shay, run to third!'

As Shay rounded third, the boys from both teams, and the spectators, were on their feet screaming, 'Shay, run home! Run home!'

Shay ran to home, stepped on the plate, and was cheered as the hero who hit the grand slam and won the game for his team.

'That day', said the father softly with tears now rolling down his face, 'the boys from both teams helped bring a piece of true love and humanity into this world'.

Shay didn't make it to another summer. He died that winter, having never forgotten being the hero and making me so happy, and coming home and seeing his mother tearfully embrace her little hero of the day!

Nite Nite, be blessed and sleep well ...

Mwah xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Chelle » Thu May 04, 2017 3:06 pm

Thank you Noels, that was lovely =wink
Chelle
Forums Contributor

Return to If It Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else