Getting High on Hand Sanitizers!

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.

Getting High on Hand Sanitizers!

Postby avaneesh912 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:28 pm

One of the kids at the 3/4 house I believe been on hand sanitizer last 8 days, they are trying to figure out where to send him for detox. They have been talking to his parents on direction. Its so insane. Known about mouth-wash and sniffing those petroleum products/paint, first time I am hearing getting high on hand sanitizer.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Re: Getting High on Hand Sanitizers!

Postby Noels » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:53 pm

Whaaaaatttt????! :shock: :shock: the desperation of an alcoholic :shock: did he sniff them, lick them or drink them? Eeeuw that's just gross :|
Thanks for sharing that Ava. Seems good ol bar of soap is still the best way to go.
mwah xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby avaneesh912 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:45 am

I looked at some of the youtube videos. Likes like there is a way to extract alcohol from the sanitizer using salt. And the other way is to rub your palms and then sniffing it. Yeah gross it is but when people get thirsty, they go to any lengths to quench the thirst.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Postby Noels » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:49 am

Gee wiz that's seriously desperate. Nope never been THAT thirsty thank God. That child have way too much time on his hands. Can you imagine how long that must take to extract a few drops? Then again. .. it's probably better than drinking the liquid soap. His tummy would run so bad and the bubbles will give him away immediately :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sis Noelene :lol: :lol: :lol:
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:55 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: at least his insides will be germ free :lol: :lol: :lol:
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Layne » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:04 am

The active ingredient in hand sanitizers is alcohol and it is possible to just drink some of them, depending upon the type of alcohol used, as is without having to distill them with salt etc. Naturally you are consuming more than just alcohol, but if ethyl alcohol (also known as grain alcohol) is the active ingredient, it is 120 proof (compared to 80 proof for say rum). Leads to getting hammered, and alcohol poisoning, in a heartbeat.

The sadness of this trend is that it points to the spiritual malady that is a precursor to seeking solutions by any means possible. Somehow, this alcoholic can relate. Go figure.

I wanted to not feel the way I felt. The problem, the spiritual malady. The solution, alcohol. The problem, I became an alcoholic. The solution, the twelve steps.

The problem, I wouldn't wish on anyone. The solution, I would wish for everyone.

“Why am I seeking? I am the same as he. His essence speaks through me. I have been looking for myself”...Jalaluddin Rumi

“You can unlock spiritual things only from within.”...Richard Rohr

"The Law of Attraction is right now putting into motion the very good that I am seeking, as it is seeking me."...Pam MacGregor
Layne
Forums Old Timer

Postby avaneesh912 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:57 pm

it points to the spiritual malady

Yes. This is what the book also talks about. You can't shield an alcoholic from drinking.

His only chance for sobriety would be some place like the Greenland Ice Cap, and even there an Eskimo might turn up with a bottle of scotch and ruin everything! Ask any woman who has sent her husband to distant places on the theory he would escape the alcohol problem.

I am also reminded of the "He sold himself short" where the wife locks this dude up yet, he slips out in the middle of the winter night, cons the taxi driver and makes him buy booze and wait for couple of days by his house for money.
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Postby positrac » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:05 am

I lived in a boys home as a kid and we sniffed white out paper mate brand and huffed gas back before it became so toxic. I used locker room when I could smuggle it in from town. People are doing all kinds of new things to get high and outside of the insanity of my youth as I was locked up and thinking it was cool. We didn't have the net to inspire us to go out and do things and I grew out of those things I was doing and mostly short lived.

One thing is these detox center and rehabs have to be willing to violate privacy of incoming things like shampoo because things can be hidden in the bottle and these seem unsuspecting and treating these people like inmates is necessary as it is them against the hacks running the facility. Sad but true. hand sanitizer? who knew.... :roll:

They have been talking to his parents on direction
If that was my child they would be at the ER having my foot removed from the azz cavity! Gotta led by example and when I was attached to rehab services with weekly meetings I saw parents who needed to be in rehab and the reason the kids were inside was because of court orders. Some parents didn't have a clue on how to address addiction as they were extremely selfish and had kids because it was the social norm. Some parents were hands on and peers have way more control over influence than parents and the real message is parents being engaged in kids lives even when being pushed out.

My grandkids love me as I love them and yet they know if I tight on them it is because they stepped outside of the circle of trust we have and as long as they realize my agenda I will respect theirs when I can as they are kids and still learning about life. I know they need to push envelops in order to learn and I fully expect them too and this is not out of failure as much as learning now instead of learning as an adult. I am not saying I am hoping they use and drink as kids as that is totally out of context. I mean minor things in life as learning about rules and ect. I hope they never need to use as it is a hard road and I'd love for them to not have the addiction blood in their veins.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Postby tomsteve » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:23 am

avaneesh912 wrote:One of the kids at the 3/4 house I believe been on hand sanitizer last 8 days, they are trying to figure out where to send him for detox. They have been talking to his parents on direction. Its so insane. Known about mouth-wash and sniffing those petroleum products/paint, first time I am hearing getting high on hand sanitizer.

the lil town I got sober in had a detox, so while I was learning how to live life sober, I was also hearing the clients at detox tell what and how theyd get high/drunk. I was quite amazed hearing addicts that chopped up aspirin and snorted them, heroin addicts just sticking the needle in for the rush, drinking that hand sanitizer, suckin on baby wipes, shooting allergy meds...
alcoholism and addiction are truly horrible
tomsteve
Forums Contributor

Postby positrac » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:16 am

How did I survive my ways as they seem like little pranks to what folks are into now.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Postby tomsteve » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:27 am

positrac wrote:How did I survive my ways as they seem like little pranks to what folks are into now.

im tellin ya!! I thought drinkin warm beer with shots of jack was risky! :lol:
bath salts? wth!?!?!?!
tomsteve
Forums Contributor

Postby avaneesh912 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:46 am

I would go to the gas stations with those long straws and as soon as I got into my car, i would suck up a good amount of those high octane beers. I thought, I was the only one who drank beer out of straws. One of the meetings 5 other members raised their hand. We all think we are unique.
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Postby Noels » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:32 am

I lived in a boys home as a kid and we sniffed white out paper mate brand and huffed gas back before it became so toxic. I used locker room when I could smuggle it in from town

you bad ass you! :D

One thing is these detox center and rehabs have to be willing to violate privacy of incoming things like shampoo because things can be hidden in the bottle and these seem unsuspecting and treating these people like inmates is necessary as it is them against the hacks running the facility.

Here by us they do. They check all your luggage when you get there and throw away anything that has an alcohol base - sprays, shampoo, listerine ... absolutely anything. After each meeting and visit from your family you have to blow to see if you snuck anything in visiting hours. Whenever you went outside for a meeting you have to blow. If your family brought you any goodies its gotta go through the staff first for a check. Every 2 weeks its a compulsory blood test and you are not allowed to have any money on you while there. Depending on what you're in for your phone gets taken away for one or two weeks and no contact is allowed with the outside world for that period. No visiting, zippo (nothing). So they really do try to help as much as they can.

I heard that drugs have apparently become a hectic problem here by us which is also affecting our over the counter medicine we can purchase without scripts. Anything containing codeine is now limited and monitored. For our own good they say. Mmmm .... that I can still try to understand but the suggested "sugar tax"? It simply means additional tax will be added on any product containing sugar. The codeine I can still live without but touch my sweeties and you're begging to be assaulted with a baseball bat!
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Doddering Moron » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:08 am

Philrock drove me out of the Alano club by embalming his hands and arms with alcohol hand disinfectant and then singing upwind of me. Another un-loving bad. Not Christian. Sharia shamer. One thing is love, AA. Another is hate, not AA.
Doddering Moron
Forums Enthusiast

Return to If It Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else