no judgement

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.

no judgement

Postby IllustratedMum » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:38 pm

I go through these message boards looking for someone like me, someone who needs someone to talk to. Someone not judging, just a person who can be objective.
IllustratedMum
Forums Enthusiast

Re: no judgement

Postby Mike O » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:55 am

Thanks for your presence here.
:D
Mike O
Forums Old Timer

Postby Chelle » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:02 am

Hi illustratedmum, glad you are Here! Anything in particular? I'd love to read more from you =biggrin
Chelle
Forums Contributor

Postby Blue Moon » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:43 pm

IllustratedMum wrote:I go through these message boards looking for someone like me, someone who needs someone to talk to. Someone not judging, just a person who can be objective.

If a known terrorist walks into AA seeking recovery from alcoholism, I would fully expect the hand of AA to be there for them. But if a drunk walks in to lecture us on how AA doesn't work even though they're not willing to do what it takes, they're probably in the wrong place.

Bottom line: AA is there for those who want it; we shouldn't even dream of foisting it on someone who doesn't.

So how's that for objective? Did you kill someone? If so, you'd not be the first I've met in AA who has, and they recovered.
Ian S
AKA Blue Moon
Blue Moon
Site Admin

Postby positrac » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:52 am

Blue Moon wrote:
IllustratedMum wrote:I go through these message boards looking for someone like me, someone who needs someone to talk to. Someone not judging, just a person who can be objective.

If a known terrorist walks into AA seeking recovery from alcoholism, I would fully expect the hand of AA to be there for them. But if a drunk walks in to lecture us on how AA doesn't work even though they're not willing to do what it takes, they're probably in the wrong place.

Bottom line: AA is there for those who want it; we shouldn't even dream of foisting it on someone who doesn't.

So how's that for objective? Did you kill someone? If so, you'd not be the first I've met in AA who has, and they recovered.

I was waiting around on this one because of the initial tone of uncertainty of the post.

Bottom line is we need to be corrected if we expect to get better in any part of this life and if corrections are considered judging then I am not your huckleberry. I hope whatever you are looking for you'll find it and find peace in the future.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Return to If It Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else