Deplorables

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: Deplorables

Postby clouds » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:07 am

I've not found myself to be a good 'teacher'.

Deep changes appear to me to come from within and when the field/ground has become fertile.
The only seed I may have planted is an understanding of powerlessness over some addiction and therfore a need for a higher power.
If my presence and my experience on 'powerlessness' hasn't fallen into fertile ground, time to move on.
Nevertheless, a seed may bear fruit in future, depending on the rain recieved, the sunlight of the spirit.
Who knows? So drop some seeds and move on.
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.
clouds
Trusted Servant

Postby rpinkard » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:18 am

Jerks r jerks in or out of meetings. They can be found everywhere. There are no aa police. Change can be made by being a good example and voting appropriately during informed group consciousness meetings.
rpinkard
Forums Newcomer

Postby Doddering Moron » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:15 pm

I'm shocked to hear that women are now being sexually assaulted in the Alano Clubs.

These clubs aren't going to be around much longer.
Doddering Moron
Forums Enthusiast

Postby cristis » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:44 pm

michmjon wrote:The worst is when these men start talking about their exes- I've heard comments such as "the Expletive," "the slut" and the "money-grabbing whore." One gentleman in particular is very vocal about his ex, constantly talking her down for kicking him out of the house and calling her some very nasty things which I will not mention in this post.

Foul language should not be tolerated at these meetings, I agree. However, worst foul language I heard (also at an Alano club! but another town) came from two ..hmm hmm... "ladies". The f word was everywhere, and they were blaming their exes as well. I am more tolerant and it didn't really bothered me. But I don't like when men are sometimes constantly discriminated against with things that women do too.
cristis
Forums Enthusiast

Previous

Return to If It Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else