FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Postby Noels » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:34 pm

Heya precious souls! So glad to be back :D Ive been through a pretty rough almost 5 months so I haven't been posting but I received the most beautiful message on group today which is really worth sharing.

"A lady worked at a meat distribution factory. One day, when she finished with her work schedule, she went into the meat cold room to inspect something, but in a moment of misfortune, the door closed and she was locked inside with no help in sight. Although she screamed and knocked with all her might, her cries went unheard as no one could hear her. Most of the workers had already gone, and outside the cold room its impossible to hear what was going on inside.

Five hours later, whilst she was at the verge of death, the security guard of the factory eventually opened the door. She was miraculously saved from dying that day.

When she later asked the security guard how he had come to open the door, which wasn't his usual work routine, this was his explanation :

"Ive been working in this factory for 35 years. Hundreds of workers come in and out every day, but youre one of the few who greet me in the morning and say goodbye to me every evening when leaving after work. Many treat me as if I'm invisible. Today, as you reported for work, like all other days, you greeted me in your simple manner - "Hello". But this evening after working hours I curiously observed that I had not heard your "Bye, see you tomorrow". Hence, I decided to check around the factory.

I look forward to your "hi" and "bye" every day because they remind me that I am someone.

By not hearing your farewell today, I knew something had happened. That's why I was searching every where for you.

MORAL LESSON TO REFLECT UPON - "Be humble, love and respect those around you. Try to have a positive, loving impact on people who cross your path every day. You never know what tomorrow will bring."

Let this story be an inspiration. Let's share to inspire others.

Someone shared this to inspire me and ive been greatly inspired by this story.

Take time and think .... do you value those workmates, cleaners, drivers? Those house maids at your home? ......
Definitely food for thought .........

Wishing you all a blessed and very peaceful day / night :D

Signing off all the way from our glorious and Sunny South Africa,
mwah xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:44 am

So good to see you Noel! <3 (heart emoji)
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Noels » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:29 pm

Thanks Paige for the warm welcome :D its awesome to be back :D
Mwah xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:39 pm

:) =smile
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Noels » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:42 pm

Good morning beautiful people.

Prayer for today AND Step 1 one prayer for those in need .....

Just for Today ...
Just for today I will try live through this day only, and not tackle my whole life problem at once. I can do something for twenty-four hours that would appall me if I felt I had to keep it up for a lifetime.
Just for today I will be happy. This assumes to be true what Abraham Lincoln said, "Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be".
Just for today I will adjust myself to what is and not try to adjust everything to my desires. I will take my "Luck" as it comes, and fit myself to it.
Just for today I will try to strengthen my mind. I will study, I will learn something useful. I will not be a mental loafer. I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration.

STEP ONE PRAYER ... as we acknowledge we are powerless on our own ...
Heavenly Father,
I admit defeat. I am powerless to live on my own without you. You know how many things I've tried and what a disappointment its all turned out to be. My life is truly unmanageable without you. I give up trying to meet my own needs. I give up covering pain and confusion with substances and destructive habits and relationships.

Heavenly Father, I turn to You. I surrender my life to you - past, present and future. I accept what Jesus did for m on the cross. I accept forgiveness. I accept Your word as the truth around which I will build my life. I accept relationship with you as the new way of life for me.

Fill me with your Spirit who gives me peace, power and truth. I receive hope to fill my despair. I receive truth to sort out my confusion. I choose for Your will and surrender my own. Thank you for another chance to worship you and serve you as you intended when you created me.
Amen.

Have an awesome day today! Make today so good that yesterday become jealous! :D

Love and Light
Noels xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Previous

Return to If It Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else