FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Postby Noels » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:37 am

Another nice one received from our home group :

Appreciating Ourselves
We are the greatest thing that will ever happen to us. Believe it. It makes life much easier. - Codependent no More.

It is time to stop this nonsense of running around picking on ourselves. We may have walked through much of our life apologizing for ourselves either directly or indirectly - feeling less valuable than others, believing that they know better than we do and believing that somehow others are meant to be here and we are not.

We have a right to be here. We have a right to be ourselves. We are here. There is a purpose, a reason and an intention for our life. We do not have to apologize for being here or being who we are. We are good enough and deserving. Others do not have our magic. We have our magic. It is in us.

It doesn't matter what we've done in our past. We all have a past, woven with mistakes, successes and learning experiences. We have a right to our past. It is ours. It has worked to shape and form us. As we progress on this journey, we shall see how each of our experiences will be turned around and used for good.

We have already spent too much time being ashamed, being apologetic and doubting the beauty of ourselves. Be done with it. Let it go. It is an unnecessary burden. Others have rights but so do we.

We are neither less than or more than. We are equal. We are who we are. That is who we were created and intended to be and that my friends is a wonderful gift.

Busy eating a sticky bun. Jummee!!! Have an awesome Sunday!
mwah xxx
Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby clouds » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:42 am

Thanx Noels!

This was the message that made my day complete.

Happy buns 2 U! =biggrin
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.
clouds
Trusted Servant

Postby Noels » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:27 am

Mwah xxx glad to be of service :D
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:23 pm

Goooood Morning beautiful people! :D A gorgeous incredibly beautiful and perfect day here in South Africa! Its my son's 20th Birthday today and I am so grateful to Creator who knew exactly what It was doing on this day 20 years ago when he gifted / loaned me this amazingly perfect child. Not one day in the past 20 years did I ever feel the need or want to have another child. Everything I could possibly have asked for in a child is in this boy. Thank you Creator!!!!! Mwah xxx mwah xxx mwah xxx!

Today's messages on our home group is powerful - one after the after - so i'll share them with you - blessing after blessing today - in four fold:

You'll never know what will be required of you on any particular day ... Suddenly one of those rare cathartic moments, I got it, like you can only "get it" in AA. I had to be spiritually prepared daily for whatever came my way. Pain or joy I could feel it sober. If I turned to my Higher Power no matter what, It would provide whatever I needed to face the day sober. - If there are challenges I remember other days when what seemed impossible was made possible" - From "Never sober today before" - Beginner's Book : Getting and Staying Sober in AA, pg 69
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:26 pm

"It would be virtually impossible to experience the Twelve Steps and not learn something of love. I believe that love is the willingness to extend oneself for spiritual growth. When we answer a call for help, we are extending ourselves for the purpose of spiritual growth. Someone once said that there are three steps to becoming a loving person :
love yourself, be yourself, forget yourself
." - From Step by Step - Got it? Give it. Forget it.
Last edited by Noels on Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:32 pm

"I AM the unspeakable gift, and I AM the Giver, says Creator. I have given you Myself and I have given you all that I have. For I AM the benefit and I daily load you with benefits. You are radically and wonderfully blessed. Look at what I have given you, for My gifts can not be extracted from you, ever. I did not come to inflict you but heal you. I came to give you increase, not extract from you. I came to carry you into new reals of My glory, not to push you down. I came to lighten your load as you shift every weight and burden onto Me, and link up with Me. For I have an easy yoke and light burden and you will not be taxed but have rest for your soul, says Creator.

Unburden yourself now, says Creator. For I never expected you to be encumbered with cares. I do not want the care of this life to distract you so that you become unfruitful as you focus on them. CAST THEM OFF NOW! ONTO ME! I will carry all of them, for they are not a problem to Me. I will carry you and you will not even have to feel the burden yourself, says Creator. Rest in Me completely as you give Me every care and entrust Me with your life and lives of those you love. I will carry it all and you can let Me handle all of it, always. You will enjoy the rest and peace that I have for you, that will sustain you as you entrust Me with your care and let Me care for you completely, always, says Creator"
Last edited by Noels on Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:41 pm

And last but not least the Prophetic Word for today ...

Creator says, "Many of you have been hurt deeply over the last few years from trusted people in your life. You saw little hope in these situations and even wandered about aimlessly at times from your wounds. I have seen what has taken place and even though you have heard My Voice speak that I will address this matter, you have wondered if that really means what you have hoped for.

I AM breaking through in this hour in ways that will surely surprise you. Areas that you even found the fault lying with you will also come into My Light. I will give you the whole picture and restore all to fullness. Your wounds will be healed in an instant. Do not doubt for I AM your healer and your Creator who spends unending care over you. I saved your tears and I will bring beauty back into your life once more.

Watch in this hour all of the changes that are taking place. You are walking on Holy Ground. I AM showing you My goodness over the years in seen and unseen ways. I will speak to your future and how some past events are about to catapult you into higher realms. Do not discount hard beginnings just as you should not small beginnings. I have a plan and purpose to it all.

I so love you My child. Hear Me! I love you beyond everything else and anything else. I AM so proud of you. I AM not counting your mistakes. I AM for you and looking at the successes of yesterday and right now towards the future. I will take you from Glory to Glory carried on My wings. I have an amazing future filled with Hope and Blessings. I will do what I have spoken over your life.

And lastly a personal message received : "You are God's Diamond and you are precious, beautiful and unbreakable".

Have an incredibly beautiful and blessed day.

Mwah xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:35 am

THE SEVEN WONDERS OF LIFE

* To see
* To hear
*To touch
* To taste
* To feel
* To Laugh
* To Love
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:37 am

"Anything that annoys you is for teaching you patience.
anyone who abandons you is for teaching you how to stand up on your own two feet.
anything that angers you is for teaching you forgiveness and compassion.
Anything that has power over you is for teaching you how to take your power back.
anything you hate is for teaching you unconditional love.
anything you fear is for teaching you courage to overcome your fear.
anything you cant control is for teaching you how to let go and trust the Universe"
Last edited by Noels on Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:39 am

We all say "Good Morning" to others. Do you know the meaning of "Good Morning"?

G - Get up
O - Open your heart
O - Open your mind
D - Dedicate your day to Creator
M - Meditate
O - Optimize your resources
R - Rebuke all negative thoughts
N - Never underestimate your potential
I - Inspire someone
N - Never loose faith
G - Go out with joy and confidence.
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:07 pm

The Father says today :

You are not a failure. there is nothing in your make up that predestines you to falter, fail or come to nothing. There is no obstacle before you that is impossible to overcome. There is nothing in your past --- regardless of immensity or significance that can hold you back or keep you from My promise. When I created you and wrote all your days in My book --- there was not one page of insurmountable sorrow that was intended to be the totality of what your life would consist of. You are a child of destiny, intended by My hand before you were ever born to achieve, overcome, establish and be blessed in everything that you put your hand to.

Trust in who I made you to be. Trust that when I formed you in your mother's womb that you were wonderfully made for a specific purpose that will not fail to come to pass. Forget the downturns of the past. Cast away from you every scornful look, every unkind word that was ever spoken to you. Choose to believe the good report. Choose to believe that in Me you are holy and without blame. The past is forgiven. The future is secure. Your present is but one stepping stone by which you will go from glory to glory in the plan that I laid out for you before the world was ever conceived. This is who you are. This is what I made you to become.

You are this day stepping into your greater NOW and in the light of that promise nothing shall prevent you or stand before you.

Have an awesome, positive and love filled day today
Mwah xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Chelle » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:10 am

Thank you Noels, that was beautiful. It is exactly what I needed to read today to pass on to someone suffering!
Chelle
Forums Contributor

Postby Noels » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:24 am

Thanks Chelle :D always happy to be of service. mwah xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:21 pm

A nice one received on our group chat today ...

Join the Human Race, Honey”

How many times did my sponsor say this to me? I cant even begin to count. Whenever I was upset with myself or some one else. Whenever I made a mistake, whenever I was in despair over my messy emotions, whenever I felt like a failure --- in other words, almost every day back then --- she would say those four words (always with “Honey” added on) in kindness and love. I now understand she was teaching me that no human being is perfect and that making mistakes is part of everyday life.

Recovery doesn’t mean I will always behave in an exemplary fashion.
Serenity doesn’t mean I’ll never get angry or upset. Isnt that why we have a Tenth Step?

If I am willing to “join the human race” then im bound to experience my (and others’) character defects. But if I face the truth about myself with humility, then when I make a mistake I can correct it without sinking into self-blame.

In the Seventh Step prayer I let my Higher Power have “all of me. Good and bad”.
I have learned to accept all of me in humble gratitude.

Have a beautiful, blessed and joyful day today!
Mwah xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:45 pm

And lastly .... another truth received on our group chat today ...

You are not Everyone’s Cup of Tea

The world is filled with people who, no matter what you do, no matter what you try, will simply not believe you. But the world is also filled with those who will love you fiercely. The ones who love you – they are your people.

Don’t waste your finite time and heart trying to convince the people who aren’t your people that you have value. They will miss it completely. They wont buy what you are selling. Don’t try to convince them to walk your path with you because you will only waste your time and your emotional good health. You are not for them and they are not for you. You are not their cup of tea and they are not yours.

Politely wave them along and you move away as well. Seek to share your path with those who recognize and appreciate your gifts. Who you are.

Be who you are. You are not everyone’s cup of tea and that is OK.

Love and Light,
Noels xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

PreviousNext

Return to If It Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else