FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Postby Noels » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:43 am

The secret of making anything work is to want to make it work and to be so positive about it that it could not possibly do otherwise. To tackle any difficult job in a half-hearted way does not call for success but when it is tackled whole-heartedly and with a real desire to see it work, only the very best will come about. Let everything you undertake be undertaken whole-heartedly, from the very smallest and mundane job to the most difficult and complicated ones.

Be willing to accept real challenges in life, and never be afraid of them.

When they are faced in the right spirit and with the inner knowledge that it is I working in and through you who will help you to accomplish the task, anything can happen.

Change your outlook and you can open the door to an inflow of very positive and creative energies to your whole being. Realize you can change and change at great speed, but it is up to you.

Lotsa Love
xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:28 am

Hallloooaaaah :D another gorgeous message I received this morning.

When you are willing to surrender your all to Me and hold nothing back, then your every need will be wonderfully met and your life will flow with abundance, for you open the flood gates when you surrender all to Me.
Absorb this law into your whole being until it becomes part of you and you vibrate with that rhythm of all life and know the meaning of wholeness, of being in tune with the whole of creation, and therefore in tune with Me.
I AM the wholeness of all life. Raise your consciousness, and realize that I AM within you, that this wholeness is here within you, and that nothing can separate you from the wonder of it except your own limited consciousness.
Why not let go and let it expand? Allow nothing to stop that expansion of consciousness until you can accept that I AM in you, and you are in Me and we are One.

Have an awesome weekend :D
Mwah xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:24 am

Absolutely beautiful message received via our group chat today :

This is apparently Dr Bob’s last talk

My good friends in A.A. and of A.A.,

… I get a big thrill out of looking over a vast sea of faces like this with a feeling that possibly some small thing I did a number of years ago played an infinitely small part in making this meeting possible. I also get quite a thrill when I think that we all had the same problem. We all did the same things. We all get the same results in proportion to our zeal and enthusiasm and stick-to-itiveness. If you will pardon the injection of a personal note at this time, let me say that I have been in bed five of the last seven months and my strength hasn’t returned as I would like, so my remarks of necessity will be very brief.

There are two or three things that flashed into my mind on which it would be fitting to lay a little emphasis. One is the simplicity of our program. Let’s not louse it all up with Freudian complexes and things that are interesting to the scientific mind, but have very little to do with our actual A.A. work. Our Twelve Steps, when simmered down to the last, resolve themselves into the words “love” and “service”. We understand what love is, and we understand what service is. So let’s bear those two things in mind.

Let us also remember to guard that erring member the tongue, and if we must use it, let’s use it with kindness and consideration and tolerance.

And one more thing : None of us would be here today if somebody hadn’t taken time to explain things to us, to give us a little pat on the back, to take us to a meeting or two, to do numerous little kind and thoughtful acts in our behalf. So let us never get such a degree of smug complacency that we’re not willing to extend, or attempt to extend, to our less fortunate brothers that help which has been so beneficial to us.

Thank you very much.
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:58 am

THAT I could post in the OIAA Biz meeting right now! Heck, I might just do that. The simplicity of passing on our experience and NOT our Freudian mental ramblings is good in & out of the service structure. It is great for our daily lives.

Here is the Prayer I have been trying to memorize and internalize...
“My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going. I do not see the road ahead of me. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think that I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you. And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing. I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire. And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road though I may know nothing about it. Therefore will I trust you always though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death. I will not fear, for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone.”
― Thomas Merton, Thoughts in Solitude

I like to shorten prayers so sometimes it is like "I don't know what to do! I hope I do ok. I think I will survive this."
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Noels » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:18 am

Thanks Paige :D Here's another nice one I received

THE PLEDGE (signed by Frances Willard when a child) - Signal Press - Evanston, Ill

"A pledge we make, no wine to take,
nor brandy red that turns the head,
nor fiery rum that ruins home,
nor whiskey hot that makes the sot,
nor brewer's beer, for that we fear;
And cider, too, will never do --
to quench our thirst we'll always bring
cold water from the well or spring;
so here we pledge perpetual hate
to all that can intoxicate".
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:42 am

... and a couple to "think about about" :D lets use some colour to make it fun :D

We come with nothing, we go with nothing,
but one great thing we can achieve in our beautiful life is ...
A little remembrance in someone's Mind and a small place in someone's Heart.

The Past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited or erased ...
it can only be Accepted.

One day at a time is all we should be dealing with.
We can't go back to yesterday
and we can't control tomorrow
so live for today.

Be the reason someone believes in the goodness of people.

Show up for people, offer what you can.
Be unselfish.
Love people when they need it even when you feel they don't deserve it.
Be a healer.
Be kind.
Show up for people
because when you're hurting you'll want someone to show up for you ...

I Am Responsible
when anyone,
anywhere, reaches out for help,
I want the hand of AA always to be there.
And for that I am responsible
(As Bill Sees It p 332

Happiness is an inside job. Don't assign anyone else that much power over your life.

The secret of being Happy is accepting where you are in life and making the most out of everyday.

Journey of Life
We pass pleasures and pain,
there will be sunshine and rain,
there will be loss and gain,
but we must learn to smile again and again ...

If prayer becomes a habit ... Success becomes a lifestyle

Do everything with a good heart and expect nothing in return and you will never be disappointed

Live less out of habit and more out of intent.

Those who say it can't be done should not interrupt the ones doing it.

When you have hit rock bottom and survived, there are very few things in life that can scare you.

Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.

"As we felt new power flow in, as we enjoyed peace of mind, as we discovered we could face life successfully, as we became conscious of his presence, we began to lose our fear of today, tomorrow, or hereafter.
We were reborn"
BB p63
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:07 am

And some more...

When I look back on my life,
I see pain, mistakes and heartache.
When I look in the mirror,
I see strength, lessons learned and pride in myself

Your life is a result of the choices you make ...
if you don't like your life
it is time to start making better choices.

ABILITY is what you're capable of doing.
MOTIVATION determines what you do.
ATTITUDE determines how well you do it.

To the world you may be one person,
but to one person you may be the world. Bill Wilson.
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:10 am

and a personal favourite ...

I am Me ..

I might not be someone's first choice,
but I am a great choice.
I don't pretend to be someone I'm not,
because I'm good at being me ...
I'm might not be proud of some of the
things I've done in the past but i'm
proud of who I am today.
I may not be perfect, but I don't need to be ...
I am the way Creator made me so
take me as I am or watch me as I walk away.

Lotsa Love and Light
mwah xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:26 am

I have received a couple of messages from our group which I absolutely HAVE TO share as I find them inspiring and full of Hope. Please remember - there is no particular religion I support although it may through some messages I share seem like it. To me God/Creator have no religion.

First writing
It is not easy to live life sometimes. To face the world with a smile when you're crying inside. It takes a lot of courage to reach down inside yourself, hold on to that strength and know that tomorrow is a new day - with new possibilities.

But if you can just hold on long enough to see this through and trust that you can survive this; you'll come out a new person - stronger - and as long as you don't give up and keep pushing forward, no matter how hopeless things seem, you WILL make it!

Second writing
What a lot of time and energy are wasted because you do not take the time or trouble to be still and wait upon Me. It is the secret solution to every situation. Why not prove it to yourself by putting it into practice and see how it works? Until you try something and put it to the test, it remains a theory.

This life is a very real, very practical life, a life of action. There is nothing theoretical about it, but it is up to you to do something about it to prove that it is so. The daylight is there, but until you pull back the curtains you remain in darkness.

Water is in the tap, but until you turn on the tap and let the water flow it remains static. Food can be sitting on your place but until you put it into your mouth and eat it it does you no good. So get into action and do it now!

Third writing
The Father says, "Today is the day for those that gave up to find My Grace and Mercy wooing them back into My arms. The storms that have raged were for Me to tend to, but you thought it was upon your shoulders and the weight was too much. Stand back up! I AM redeeming, strengthening you and restoring your purpose once more. I have promised to never leave you where you are but take you where only I can take My children.

I AM coming to you in this hour to settle some long over due scores. Areas where you have been misled and finding My Truth and Clarity. A mind set on the wrong thoughts and beliefs will continue you down the road of emptiness and anger. I do not expect perfection from you. Would it be fair if I did? Your struggles are not new or foreign to Me. I will cause the arrows to fall at your feet. If you allow Me to be your Protector, I will answer beyond your greatest hopes and needs.

Many have gone about life not fully realizing that they stopped inviting Me into their life. They assumed the door was open, but in reality they have walked off to their own ways little by little But, there is no real distance in time or space. Just turn around and you will find Me there with open arms. I long to pour out My love to you. I long to spend time talking about your day and dreams that seem impossible to reach.

I AM not an angry God looking to bring crushing wrath upon mankind. Nothing separates you, for the cross finished and tore the veil that kept you out of My Presence. You do not need to do some religious act to get My Attention. My Gaze never leaves you. The simplest and most humble of prayers carry more weight than long winded rehearsed prayers. You are not trying to impress Me but rather I AM hearing your heart.

You are not being tested to prove yourself worthy to be My Royal Son or Daughter. Be at ease. I love you because I created you and never in a moment have I regretted you as My Child.

Fourth writing
I have liberated you from your past, says the Lord. You do not have to keep looking at it and troubling yourself over it for I have no record of anything that you have confessed to Me. Trust in My blood that was shed for you for the remission of your sins. Trust in My finished work on the cross. Believe that there is nothing in you that I have not removed from you. For you have My righteousness and Holiness because you have received what have done for you by your faith in Me and what I have accomplished for you. What is finished is finished. Shed the condemnation that comes from the voice of the enemy. It is the accuser and it wish you to stay stuck in your past, says the Lord.

Move out of that fear of failure, says the Lord. Walk in faith toward your Destiny in Me and do not ever look back. For I have set before you the path of righteousness. I have shed My Light on it so that you will see clearly what is in front of you. Take those steps forward without hesitation, for they are not a set up or a set back or an obstacle course. I AM not taking you in circles and you will not have confusion that comes from Me. It is straight and will bring you into your destiny and kingdom purpose, one step at a time. It is a progressive and productive walk with Me that is secure and well-prepared by Me. Journey forward, as I take your hand and walk with you. I keep you steady and hold you up and keep you from falling as you entrust each step to and with Me.

Have a beautiful and blessed Saturday and weekend.
Mwah xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:33 am

Interesting meaning of words ..

Awakening — an awakening is usually described as an experience where the person suddenly realizes and/or becomes aware of a part of himself that previously wasn’t there. This leads to an increased desire to understand yourself and the world more. Awakening to a higher state of consciousness is a popular term used in books that discuss meditation, yoga, and ancient spiritual practices.

Awareness — a term that’s used to define the state of awareness about particular things — mental and spiritual — in one’s life. For example, the awareness of bad habits. The awareness of one’s existence in the wide Universe.

Enlightenment — for Buddhists, enlightenment means the completion of suffering, and the achievement of eternal tranquility. In other forms, enlightenment can mean a thorough understanding/knowledge of a particular topic, field of work, and have the required set of skills to better oneself, and those around you with this knowledge. Interestingly enough, you will find that some religions also call Enlightenment; the Awakening.

Divine — a divine deity, divine powers, divine love, and divine understanding. Most commonly, these will be used to explain something within the context of pure love, pure understanding, and total purity over one’s being. The Higher Power is also often associated with the Divine.

Soul — the word Soul is often used to describe the essence of each individual human being. While a domesticated and conditioned society might believe that personality/character is the only way to define a person, Soul is ultimately what makes each of us unique human beings. It is believed that Souls evolve over the course of existence.

Healing — the word healing can be found quite often in spiritual writing. It’s a word that’s used to associated many ranges of topics, and to define many areas of spiritual interest. There are practices such as Reiki Healing, a technique for doing energy healing from one human being to another, but there is also ‘psychological healing’, where we are in a state of healing trauma from the past. Healing means that we allow ourselves to give time for everything to fall back into place, with grace and humility.

Practice — authors will often use the word ‘practice’ to explain or describe a particular spiritual practice that one can follow, or explore more. Common examples are, a meditation practice, a yoga practice, the practice of loving-kindness, and countless others.

Meditation — an ancient practice of cultivating stillness in the mind, for the purpose of cultivating awareness, consciousness, and higher understanding about life. Meditation has proven to be one of the most successful techniques for relaxation, cultivating compassion, and observing oneself that has ever been available on the planet.

Shadow — the shadow side of ourselves is the part of us that we have a difficult time accepting. It’s the part of us that tends to be negative, angry, impulsive, confused, temperamental, and so on. Anyone with prior experience in a spiritual practice of any kind will know how quickly such ‘shadow aspects’ become observable in your own life experience, and with time you’re able to completely get rid of them through the practice of self-investigation.

Self-development — a lot of spiritual terms begin with the word “self”, which basically means that you are coming back to refer to yourself, to your own life experience as an individual. Self-development is used when the author, or a situation, implies the requirement or necessity for self-development to be carried out. A meditation practice can be considered self-development because of the effect it has, or things like cultivating good habits can also be considered self-development, ultimately you’re working on yourself to become better, and stronger, not caught up in low-vibration activities.

Chakras — a term used to define the human energy centers. Very popular concept used in countries such as India — a spiritually magical place on Earth. Each of the energy centers holds vital life force called “prana”. Chakras can clog up and cause distress in parts of our emotional and spiritual, but also physical bodies, while certain practices can be practiced to help keep our chakras cleansed. Deepak Chopra is one of the many authors who openly discusses topics related to human energy, such as the energy centers.

Have an awesome and exciting week :D
mwah xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:42 am

"Most of us have had to live through the dark part of our lives, the time of failure, the night time of our lives, when we were full of struggle and care, worry and remorse. When we felt deeply the tragedy of life.

But with our daily surrender to a Higher Power comes a peace and joy that makes all things new. We can now take each day as a joyous sunrise - a gift from Creator to use for It and for other fellow people.

The night of the past is gone, this day is ours.

I pray that I may take this day as a gift from Creator. I pray that I may thank Creator for this day and be glad in it.- 24 hours a day."

Have a gorgeously beautiful and love filled day today :D

mwah xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:36 am

Good morning beautiful people :D I just listened to a short video received from a friend and in this video a preacher/spiritual teacher is having a conversation with the congregation/followers wherein he asks them to consider what they "practice every day" because what they "practice every day" they WILL get good at! It makes sense to me and reminded me of our principles as well as the fact that our program is a program of action so I thought id share the portion that grabbed my attention with you to read and consider for yourself :D

I tried to keep the conversation/teaching intact as much as I could save for a few changes where duplication occurred . Quote including the few changes accordingly as follows :

"do you practice joy in your life? Do you practice peace in your life? Do you practice happiness in your life ... or do you practice a lot of complaining? Because ... if you complain ... you're going to get really good at it. You will get so good at it, you will find fault with everything! Even where there is no fault that a laymen can not see, you, being an expert will see it! What do you practice?

Do you practice anger? Because if you practice anger you're gonna get very good at it! in fact you're gonna get so good at it that the most trivial thing will make you angry. Like sitting on an airplane and seeing the seat in front of you - somehow that one looks better than the one you have been given. And that is so unfair of the airlines! What do you practice and what have you been practicing because there is an art to practice too... If I take a violin and then the bow and I just rub it against the violin its gonna make some screeching noises. Terrible noises. And I can practice that every day and become very good at making screeching noises from a violin. So what is it that you practice every single day. From the time you get up to the time that you go to sleep ... what do you practice?

Do you worry a lot? because if you practice just being worried ... guess what? You are going to get really good at it. In fact, you are gonna get so good at it that everything will worry you... including the buffalo you don't have because you will get good at being worried.

So then I propose that if its true that we get really good at what we practice, then I propose you practice joy ......." the rest you can fill in for yourself :D

Have an awesome day and a week filled with gratitude, happiness, acceptance and peace :D

mwah xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:26 am

This was apparently written by a 15 year old child residing in an area where The Lord’s Prayer is no longer allowed in Public Schools. Hectic.

“Now I sit me down in school where praying is against the rule,
For this great nation under God
Finds mention of Him very odd.

If scripture now the class recites,
It violates the Bill of Rights.
And anytime my head I bow
Becomes a Federal matter now.

Our hair can be purple, orange or green,
That’s no offence, it’s a freedom scene.
The law is specific, the law is precise,
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.

For praying in a public hall
Might offend someone with no faith at all.
In silence alone we must meditate,
God’s name is prohibited by the State.

We’re allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,
And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks
They’ve outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible,
The quote the Good Book makes me liable.

We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,
And the “unwed daddy”, our Senior King
Its “inappropriate” to teach right from wrong,
We’re taught that such “judgments” do not belong.

We can get our condoms and birth controls,
Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles,
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed
No word of God must reach this crowd.

Its scary here I must confess,
When chaos reigns the school’s a mess.
So Lord, this silent plea I make :
Should I be shot, My soul please take!

Amen"
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:57 am

Good morning beautiful people :D Here's the words of another video/conversation received from our group this morning which I find interesting and wish to share with you. There was much laughter and applause from the audience and the speaker himself came across as worldly-wise. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did and that it would create some thought ...

"So people ask me Sanguru what is your sadhana – you did not read scriptures, you did not go to a teacher you did not learn anything but you seem to know everything how is it. I tell them it is the only thing I did in my life is I made sure that I am not influenced by anybody around me whether its my parents or the culture around me or the teachers or every adult around because every adult around you is trying to teach you something that’s not worked in their life.

When I say something that’s not worked in their life – between you and your child if you look at it – who is more joyful? Your child. So im asking who should be a counselled then for life? One who knows how to be joyful for no reason he should be counselled then or one who even if everything is working your way you carry a grave face and walk around the world – you should be a counselled then for life, you must decide … So if a child comes into your life its not time to teach, it’s time to learn. Once again you could re-invent your life. You could learn what it means to be alive.

Instead of learning what it means to be alive people are carrying grave faces in going around. Grave will eventually come you don’t have to practice it on your face."

Then he shares how he spoke at a conference for doctors a few weeks ago and he noticed all the doctors having very serious, grave faces. He says when a doctor walks into a patient’s room the doctor should have a pleasant face as the last thing the patient wants to be reminded of is the grave …

"Similarly, a child has come into your life its time to live it up! Once again to become fully alive. Whatever your age … your aliveness need not come down isn’t it? Our physical agility may come down with age but why should your aliveness come down? If your aliveness is coming down it means you are committing suicide in instalments … that’s what it means … yes or no?

So children have come, time to understand how to make something out of nothing. That’s what a child is. You leave him anywhere he finds an ant and he finds it interesting enough to make a universe out of an ant. We’ve given you a universe and you’re making nothing out of it! Everything you have today compared to the generation of this planet - you know more comforts than any generation ever before! Isn’t it so? But … grave face … because traffics bad. Well, you’re sitting in your dream car aren’t you? Traffic is helping you to stay in your dream for some more time …"

Have a fabulous Friday and weekend.
Mwah xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:56 am

Pfew! what a day so far. Actually if I have to be really honest I would say "Pfew! what a week!". Yesterday was really the only day that I was truly relaxed and productive unfortunately yesterday belongs to the past already. Shux! Damn this past, present, future thing! :lol:

I was just about to start screaming at Creator to "come to the party" and deliver on all the promises of "just move forward in faith." "trust and all will be well" when my phoned beeped with a message from my home group which i'll share with you for incase there's someone out there today who've had a shitty week like me and have reached the point where I was at 10 minutes ago :

“When you are at the end of your rope that is when you fully realize that you are at the beginning of what I will and can do in your life. It is easy to go about the days in your own power and strength, but when that runs dry will you let Me take over? Will you let Me show you an easier way to walk each day in My Glory?
Tomorrow may not come for all, but you have today to make the most of. Do not go about your time in a foggy daze. Be on purpose and deliberate for each step adds up to thousands of miles. I will give you My winds to carry you to the heights and depths. Never are you to be alone. Stand tall in this hour. You have not failed Me.
When you are weary from the battle come rest in My Arms. Not everything demanding your attention is truly that urgent. You must recharge, refuel and get your course corrected and refocused. The distractions vying for time are leading to your drain. Ask Me if you should be bothered with what comes your way. I will show you what is just noise and what is for you to take on.
…I have no perimeters around your potential. I placed those precious desires deep within. Your wings are free to fly and I will guide and even catch you if need be. I created you extraordinary…
… Your decision is for today, for NOW is when you will make the impact that will shift atmospheres and influence even nations.”

Needless to say I just burst out laughing when I read these words. Exactly at the right time. Within three seconds that I held the "come to the party" thought in my mind this message came through. Well, if I ever doubted that there is indeed a Creator or whether It really cares or hear our cries Id be pretty damn stupid to continue with that thought pattern.

So I'm taking a half hour break. Gonna make myself a good ole cuppa to boost the "caffeine energy" and just lie on the grass and look at the sky whilst savoring each and every sip. Then I will come back inside completely focused and re-start this day.

Have a blessed weekend
Mwah xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

PreviousNext

Return to If It Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else