FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Postby Noels » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:05 pm

Got this one via phone message today :

1. No matter how beautiful and handsome you are - just remember baboon and gorillas also attract tourists (stop boasting);
2. No matter how big and strong you are, you will not carry yourself to your grave (be humble);
3. No matter how tall you are, you can never see tomorrow (be patient);
4. No matter how light skinned you are, you will always need light in darkness (take caution);
5. No matter how rich and many cars you have, you will always walk to bed (be contented);

Take Life Easy, Life is Short.

1. Church have 6 letters. So does Mosque;
2. Bible have 5 letters. So does Quran;
3. Life have 4 letters. So does Dead;
4. Hate have 4 letters. So does Love;
5. Enemies have 7 letters. So does Friends;
6. Lying have 5 letters. So does Truth;
7. Hurt have 4 letters. So does Heal;
8. Negative have 8 letters. So does Positive;
9. Failure have 7 letters. So does Success;
10. Cry have 3 letters. So does Joy;
11. Anger have 5 letters. So does Happy;
12. Below have 5 letters. So does Above;
13. Right have 5 letters. So does Wrong;
14. Rich have 4 letters. So does Poor;
15. Fail have 4 letters. So does Pass;
16. Knowledge have 9 letters. So does Ignorance.

Life is a double-edged sword. Choose wisely.

Love and Light,
Mwah xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Re: FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Postby PaigeB » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:48 pm

I like this! :mrgreen:
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Duke » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:49 pm

Copied and saved. Thanks Noels.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa
Duke
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:40 am

Good Morning Beautiful People :D I have found that when I start my day with a Thankful Heart it sets the pace for the rest of the day and I am untouchable. Here's some more food for thought I received this morning:

Faith is not about everything turning out okay. Faith is about being okay no matter how things turn out.

A Saint was asked – “What is Anger …?” He gave a beautiful answer –
“It’s a punishment we give to ourself, for somebody else’s mistake!”

Top 10 Simple Reminders to Live by

1. Everything comes to you at the right moment. BE PATIENT;
2. Admire people who choose to SHINE even after all the STORMS they’ve been through;
3. Its not how BIG the house is, its how HAPPY the home is;
4. The best REVENGE is always to just HAPPILY move on and let KARMA do the rest;
5. Everyday is VALENTINE’S DAY when you are in the RIGHT RELATIONSHIP;
6. RESPECT people who RESPECT YOU when you are NOT AROUND;
7. Always listen to your HEART. It may be on your LEFT, but it is always RIGHT;
8. Don’t let someone get COMFORTABLE with DISRESPECTING YOU;
9. KINDNESS makes you the most BEAUTIFUL PERSON in the world no matter what you LOOK LIKE;
10. BE HAPPY not because EVERYTHING IS GOOD, but because you can see THE GOOD SIDE OF EVERYTHING.

A Prayer for the coming week

Dear Lord,
Thank you for making me strong in spirit, courageous in action and gentle of heart,
Thank you for letting me act in wisdom, conquer my fear and doubt and discover my own hidden gifts,
Thank you for helping me to meet others with compassion, be a source of healing energies and face each day with hope and joy.
Thank you Father for Creating me.
Amen

Have an amazingly beautiful, blessed Sunday!
Love and Light
xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:09 am

A warm and sunny good morning to you from South Africa :D

Some more food for thought :

Make this Morning a Spring cleaning exercise.
Throw out the memories that made you cry
and keep those that made you laugh.
Life is all about new starts
and there's no better time than today.
Good morning :D

It helps if you remember that everyone is doing their best from their level of consciousness - Deepak Chopra
In the process of letting go you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself - Deepak Chopra
Whatever relationships you have attracted in your life at this moment, are precisely the ones you need in your life at this moment. There is a hidden meaning behind all events, and this hidden meaning is serving your own evolution - Deepak Chopra
Be happy for no reason, like a child. If you are happy for a reason, you're in trouble because that reason can be taken from you - Deepak Chopra
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth, for being correct, for being you. Never apologise for being correct, or for being years ahead of your time. If you're right and you know it, speak your mind even if you are a minority of one. The truth is still the truth - Gandhi
Be the change you want to see in the world - Gandhi

Have a blessed and beautiful day and be the best that you can possibly be :D
Lotsa Love and Light
xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:47 am

An extract from “Conversations with God Book 1 – Neale Donald Walsch”

“My Truth is in the whisper of the wind, the babble of the brook, the crack of the thunder, the tap of the rain.
It is the feel of the earth, the fragrance of the lily, the warmth of the sun, the pull of the moon.
My Truth --- and your surest help in time of need --- is as awesome as the night sky, and as simply, incontrovertibly, trustful as a baby’s gurgle.
It is as loud as a pounding heartbeat --- and as quiet as a breath taken in unity with Me.

I will not leave you, I cannot leave you, for you are My creation and My product, My daughter and My son, My purpose and My …
Self.

Call on Me, therefore, wherever and whenever you are separate from the peace that I Am.
I will be there.
With Truth.
And Light.
And Love.”

Have a blessed Weekend
xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:00 pm

Life is a fingerprint that can not be duplicated.
so make the best impression with it -
live it, love it and don't waste a single moment in your life
because time has no holiday,
dreams have no expiry date and
life has no pause button.
Good morning all :D

Don't let anyone's ignorance, hate,
drama or negativity
stop you from being the
best possible
version of you that you can be ...

Laugh with your eyes,
smile with your Soul,
hug with your heart and
love with your spirit ...

The best thing about the future ..
.. is that it comes one day at a time (Abraham Lincoln)

Life is the most difficult exam.
Many people fail because they try to copy others, not realizing
that everyone have a different question paper.

Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see

Be grateful for your seat in the rooms ...
there are some who will die because they never sat in one

FAITH makes everything possible.
HOPE makes everything work.
LOVE makes everything beautiful.
May you have all three as you begin each day.
GOOD MORNING :D Have an awesome day today :D Mwah xxx
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:06 pm

Mwahxoxoxo :mrgreen:
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Noels » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:26 am

:D :D :D

And some more .....

5 Daily Reminders
1. I Am amazing.
2. I can do anything.
3. Positivity is a choice.
4. I celebrate my individuality.
5. I am prepared to succeed.

At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. (Albert Schweitzer)

Needing People
We can find the balance between needing people too much and not letting ourselves need anyone at all. Many of us have unmet dependency needs lingering from the past. While we want others to fulfill our desire to be loved unconditionally, we may have chosen people who cannot or will not, be there for us. Some of us are so needy from not being loved that we drive people away by needing them too much. Some of us go to the other extreme. We may have become used to people not being there for us, so we push them away. We fight off our feelings of neediness by becoming overly independent, not allowing ourselves to need anyone. Some of us won't let people be there for us.

Either way, we are living out unfinished business. We deserve better. When we change, our circumstances will change.

If we are too needy, we respond to that by accepting the needy part of us. We let ourselves heal from the pain of past needs going unmet. We stop telling ourselves we're unlovable because we haven't been loved the way we wanted and needed. If we have shut off the part of us that needs people, we become willing to open up, be vulnerable, and let ourselves be loved. We let ourselves have needs.

We will get the love we need and desire when we begin to believe we're lovable, and when we allow that to happen.

***** Today, I will strive for the balance between being too needy and not allowing myself to need people. I will let myself receive the love that is there for me *****

Good morning
Always pray to have eyes that see the best in people,
a heart that forgives the worst,
a mind that forgets the bad,
and a soul that never loses faith in Creator.

Enjoy your day!
Mwah xxxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:19 pm

Good morning beautiful people :D

I was looking at the men in the meeting the other night and I concluded that the male alcoholic in recovery will really be the best husbands! AA teaches them to wash dishes, move furniture around without complaints (chairs :D ), sweep the floor and so much more! (without complaining about it :D ) So well done to the male alcoholics in recovery. Your efforts are duly noted and appreciated. :wink:

Have an awesome day today!
Mwah xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Lali » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:33 pm

Thanks, Noels. I never saw it that way til you brought it up. I always thought that what every woman needed was a WIFE!

But I still think those polygamist women are onto something. 2 or 3 wives to divvy up the responsibilities. Hmmmmm.
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:56 pm

:mrgreen:
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:29 am

Rejecting Shame

Shame can be a powerful force in our life. It is the trademark of dysfunctional families.

Authentic, legitimate guilt is the feeling or thought that what we did is not okay. It indicates that our behavior needs to be corrected or altered, or an amend needs to be made.

Shame is an overwhelming negative sense that who we are isn't okay. Shame is a no-win situation. We can change our behaviors, but we cant change who we are. Shame can propel us deeper into self-defeating and sometimes self-destructive behaviors.

What are the things that can cause us to feel shame? We may feel ashamed when we have a problem or someone we love has a problem. We may feel ashamed for making mistakes or for succeeding. We may feel ashamed about certain feelings or thoughts. We may feel ashamed when we have fun, feel good, or are vulnerable enough to show ourselves to others. Some of us feel ashamed just for being.

Shame is a spell others put on us to control us, to keep us playing our part in dysfunctional systems. It is a spell many of us have learned to put on ourselves. Learning to reject shame can change the quality of our life.

Its okay to be who we are. We are good enough. Our feelings are okay. Our past is okay. It's okay to have problems, make mistakes and struggle to find our path. Its okay to be human and cherish our humanness.

Accepting ourselves is the first step to recovery. Letting go of shame about who we are is the next important step.

***Today I will watch for signs that I have fallen into shame's trap. If I get hooked into shame, I will get myself out by accepting myself and affirming that it's okay to be who I am.

Wishing you all a Fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend!
Mwah xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:52 pm

Be a God-Pleaser, Not a Man-Pleaser

Are you the person God created you to be or are you living "to please men"?

When we choose to be the person God created us to be - unique and different than everybody else - we have to expect some criticism. But you wont like yourself very much if you go against your own convictions.

See, going along with the crowd, when you know in your heart that Creator is leading you a different way, is one reason people don't succeed at being themselves.

I want to encourage you to step out and be the person Creator created you to be. Don't let the way another person treat you or respond to you determine your worth. Have the courage to be different and deal with criticism.

Remember that Creator accept you and love you exactly as you are. Creator made you the way you are for a reason, and you have something special to offer.

***Creator, Thank you for the confirmation that I am unique although part of all. Thank you for the strength to reflect and the ability to be me. Thank you for walking with me and showing me the way to a true, full and fruitful life being me.
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:35 am

Hallloooo =biggrin hope you're having a really good day today =biggrin Here's thoughts on "Control" I received this morning. I have no idea who wrote it but its definitely "food for thought" :)

Control
Sometimes, the gray days scare us. Those are the days when the old feelings come rushing back. We may feel needy, scared, ashamed, unable to care for ourselves. When this happens, its hard to trust ourselves, others, the goodness of life, and the good intentions of our Higher Power. Problems seem overwhelming. The past seems senseless, the future bleak. We feel certain the things we want in life will never happen.

In those moments, we may become convinced that things and people outside of ourselves hold the key to our happiness. That's when we may try to control people and situations to mask our pain. When these "codependent crazies" strike, others often begin to react negatively to our controlling.

When we're in a frenzied state, searching for happiness outside ourselves and looking to others to provide our peace and stability, remember this - Even if we could control things and people, even if we got what we wanted, we would still be ourselves. Our emotional state would still be in turmoil.

People and things don't stop our pain or heal us. In recovery, we learn that this is our job and we can do it by using our resources - ourselves, our Higher Power, our support systems and our recovery program.

Often, after we've become peaceful, trusting and accepting, what we want comes to us --- with ease and naturalness. The sun begins to shine again.

Isn't it funny and isn't it true how all change really does begin with us ?

*** Just for today, I can let go of things and people and my need to control. I can deal with my feelings. I can get peaceful. I can get calm. I can get back on track and find the true key to happiness - myself. I will remember that a gray day is just that - one gray day.

Personal note from me - I no longer "ask" when I pray or speak to my Creator for by "asking" I indicate that I do not already have whatever is in my prayer. I believe that since I come from Creator I already have everything and only need it to be activated or remembered. Therefore my prayers are prayers of thanks rather than ask. Everything quoted on this thread is exactly as I have received it and not changed to my personal believes or needs. Please also remember this is my personal take on prayer and praying and belief is personal and up to each individual therefore the name - "Food for thought"
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Next

Return to If It Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else