D.U.I.

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.

Re: D.U.I.

Postby Alana » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:46 am

I am sober 22 months now and doing really well However my rock bottom just before this was to be convicted of drink driving with a 2 year ban which is now nearly up. I am so nervous as I have to fill in the reapplication for licence form and have a medical. I would love to talk to anyone who has been through this and survived.
Alana
Forums Newcomer

Postby Cristy99 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:13 am

K225,
This may be a blessing in disguise. Sometimes it takes a hard reality check to get us more serious about staying sober. Some people don't get the desperation for sobriety until they have gone too far and lost everything. I was not one who lost everything. I am older...46. I sat down and listened and BELIEVED the stories of all those who HAVE lost everything. They "raised the bottom" for me and I am eternally grateful. One thing I know for sure is that if alcoholism is not treated (AA has been my only form of treatment and is working unbelievably well for me) it gets worse and worse until EVERYTHING IS LOST!!!!
You can do this!!! Be encouraged!! There is life after alcohol....and it can be wonderful!!!
"Talk doesn't cook rice."
~ Chinese proverb
Cristy99
Forums Enthusiast

Postby Alana » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:48 am

Thankyou Cristy.
I believe too being arrested for drink driving was a blessing. A huge reality check. I have already lost my nursing career and a lot of friends. I am fortunate enough to have a wonderful husband, he is amazing considering what I have put him through. And a is a major help.
Now I must make amends. My mum is poorly with cancer and I realised 'it's not all about me ' anymore, it's about all the special others in my life
Alana
Forums Newcomer

Postby Cristy99 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:35 am

So sorry Alana!! Such a tragedy to lose a nurse. I am also in the medical field...a Physical Therapist Assistant. I deserved to lose my license to practice, but for some reason I didn't get caught. (God) And so sorry about your mother. Prayers going up for you and your mother.
"Talk doesn't cook rice."
~ Chinese proverb
Cristy99
Forums Enthusiast

Previous

Return to If It Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else