good sober living in Albuquerque

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.

good sober living in Albuquerque

Postby Glowe126 » Thu May 12, 2016 11:19 am

Hi! I am looking for a safe, legitimate sober house in Albuquerque. Any help would be appreciated. :D
Glowe126
Forums Newcomer

Re: good sober living in Albuquerque

Postby ezdzit247 » Thu May 12, 2016 1:05 pm

Glowe126 wrote:Hi! I am looking for a safe, legitimate sober house in Albuquerque. Any help would be appreciated. :D

Hi Glowe126 and welcome.

In California we have what are called "Step houses" which consist of a group living arrangement and are generally for newly sober alcoholics who need the support of a sober living environment. Is that what you mean by "sober house"?
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby Glowe126 » Thu May 12, 2016 1:12 pm

I lived in two such houses in California. Both houses had at least one person smoking meth. It was not a safe environment.
Glowe126
Forums Newcomer

Postby ezdzit247 » Thu May 12, 2016 1:30 pm

Glowe126 wrote:I lived in two such houses in California. Both houses had at least one person smoking meth. It was not a safe environment.

There are lots of "flop houses" and halfway houses in California which are funded by state and federal grants but generally "Step houses" are self-supporting through the residents' contribution and are governed by a board of directors consisting of AA members. My experience is the rules regarding relapse are very strict--immediate eviction.

I would suggest you talk to some local AA members in New Mexico and find out what resources are available for sober living environments. Sometimes an AA member will become an apartment manager and begin renting to just sober alcoholics and sometimes Alano clubs own buildings with several apartments located above the club which they rent to AA members. Good luck!
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Sat May 14, 2016 10:02 am

Here is some contact information for AA in NM as listed on aa.org
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Central Office Albuquerque Inc.
24 Hr Phone: (505)266-1900
Site: www. albuquerqueaa .org (no spaces)
Oficina Intergrupal Hispana
Main: (505)266-3688
Site: www. aaoficinahispanadealbuquerque .org (no spaces)
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Return to If It Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else