We Came to See.............

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.

We Came to See.............

Postby dorabubble » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:23 am

that the wrong-doing of others, faniced or real, had power to actually kill - Alcoholics Anonymous, page 67.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference. - Serenity Prayer.

"In my search "to be happy", I changed jobs, married and divorced, took geographical cures and ran myself into debt - financially, emotionally and spiritually. In AA I'm learning to grow up. Instead of demanding that people, places and things make me happy, I can ask God for self-acceptance. When a problem overwhelms me, AA's Twelve Steps will help me grow through the pain. The knowledge I gain can be a gift to others........ As Bill said: "When pain comes we are expected to learn from it willingly and help others to learn. When happiness comes, we accept it as a gift............ (As Bill Sees It, page 306) - Daily Reflections, page 125

Sent with love
Sheenah

"Growth begins when we start to accept our own weakness."
- Jean Vanier
dorabubble
Forums Enthusiast

Return to If It Doesn't Fit Anywhere Else