AA ebooks not on Amazon or Android?

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.
JohnElkRiver
Forums Enthusiast

AA ebooks not on Amazon or Android?

Post by JohnElkRiver »

Just out of curiousity. Does anyone know why AA makes literature so hard to get at on ereaders? They don't make anything but the Big Book available from Amazon. It appears you can install a special AA ereader app on iphone and ipad but nothing for Android? Seems odd to need a special app just for AA literature.

Why so restrictive? Anyone got any back story?

Thanks
John

becksdad
Forums Long Timer

Re: AA ebooks not on Amazon or Android?

Post by becksdad »

Hey John, I don't know nuthin' 'bout no smartphones 'cause I'm a really dumb operator, but I know a guy who has an app on his phone that has just about everything AAWS has ever printed on it. He uses it during 12&12 study groups. I see him frequently, so if I can get some info for you from him, I will send you a PM.

Ed

Todd M
Trusted Servant

Post by Todd M »

check out this info

http://aa.org/subpage.cfm?page=440

also, Check out the AAgrapevine online...
They have many books and are in the process of creating eBook versions

:wink:
There is Hope, Todd M
Keep it Simple

The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link:
http://www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php

JohnElkRiver
Forums Enthusiast

Post by JohnElkRiver »

Yep this is the link to the AA e-reader. I'm wondering why we would require a special app to read AA material when it could just be sold via more commonly used platforms like Kindle etc. Just seems like we'd want to make it very easy to read our material vs being so proprietary.

ann2
Forums Old Timer

Post by ann2 »

Everything is requiring a special app these days :wink: :roll:

I'm starting to get in the mode, using hubby's Ipad now. I just downloaded a free app for my gmail and it seems fine. I also got one for my crossword puzzles and that works better than the online newspaper sites i had been using. Looks like apps are the way to go.

Ok modern world, you've wrangled me in yet again, with me digging my heels in as usual.talk about trusting the moment!

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada

Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Post by Tosh »

I've got the Daily Reflections on android. I just touch an icon and that day's pops up. I've also got a great meditation timer on android too (Insight Timer); I think they give it away free, but it drains your battery unless you pay a couple of quid and buy the app. It even keeps a record of your meditations, gives you statistics, and you get stars for stuff like 10 meditations in a row.

Stars are good!
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)

JohnElkRiver
Forums Enthusiast

Post by JohnElkRiver »

In fairness I noticed that the Grapvine books are readily available on Amazon for Kindle. Just not the core AAWS stuff.

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

You can read the BB and the 12 & 12 on line at aa.org or here at e-aa for free.

Here is a topic thread on e-books http://www.e-aa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=9326
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB