Military Requirement

Got an issue with someone or something? Want to whine a little? Here's the place to do it, or to get to know folks, or ask those questions that don't fit anywhere else.
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Re: Military Requirement

Post by PaigeB »

Bub32 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:05 am Daily or Weekly Events: Nothing significant. I have the next two days off and I look forward to a break. My wife and I are picking out a new kitchen tomorrow. It's a bit stressful given the cost and the amount of options but I'm looking forward to upgrading our cabinets and counters!
New Life - New Look!!!
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Am I Sober? Still Am.

Have I Had Any Exposure to Alcohol Today? How did I handle the exposure? Nope.

Did I Have Any Thoughts or Cravings? Nope.

Am I Homicidal or Suicidal? Never.

Daily or Weekly Events: We are spending the weekend in Pittsburgh to visit some family and friends! I'm excited to get out, try some new foods and hang with the family.
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

I didn't get a chance to add this from last week, but This past Sunday, the 21st, I met with an old friend. He brought up his dealings with alcoholism and how it has affected him recently. I know that given the perfect storm of COVID, being out of a job currently (he even lost a business that he started 1 week after COVID hit) and being an alcoholic, his times were dark. He wasn't himself and I feel terrible for him. He is a great man and almost a father figure to me. I want to help him and I offered myself to him, to be available to talk and I wish that I could be present for him but I am 4 hours away.

I plan to reach out more often to him and have some of his other old friends try to reconnect with him as well. I really want to help in any way possible, but I know that it will be a challenge.

He does have a plan to get back on his feet, and I think that he needs as much support as he can get. I just hope that I can be a little glimmer of hope for him.
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Am I Sober? Yes.

Have I Had Any Exposure to Alcohol Today? How did I handle the exposure? No, but I did have some this weekend on our trip to Pittsburgh. I had no issues being around it.

Daily or Weekly Events: Just a regular work week! Nothing too crazy coming up either.
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

I didn't even realize it, but I passed 20 months sober a few days ago!

Am I Sober? Yep!

Have I Had Any Exposure to Alcohol Today? How did I handle the exposure? Nope.

Daily or Weekly Events: Nothing significant but we have a wide-open weekend! I need to figure out what to do!
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

Bub32 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:53 am I just hope that I can be a little glimmer of hope for him.
I think you have been already! And it may be so in the future. We need each other more than ever now...
Cling to the thought that, in God's hands, the dark past is the greatest possession you have - the key to life and happiness for others. With it you can avert death and misery for them. page 124 BB
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Paige, I can only imagine how dark these times may be for some. We can only hope the best for all of those that struggle, especially those who may struggle.a bit more.

Am I Sober? Yes.

Have I Had Any Exposure to Alcohol Today? How did I handle the exposure? None.

Daily or Weekly Events: It'll be a long week with drill coming up but I get to visit Georgia next week and Arizona the following. It'll be one of the few times that I have traveled with the military since I have been sober and I expect a decent amount of exposure to drinking. I'm not worried about it but I'm going to be looking in to how I can spend my off time. I'll definitely be the free Uber for the guys and I'm really looking forward to a change of scenery.
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Am I Sober? Yep!

Have I Had Any Exposure to Alcohol Today? How did I handle the exposure? None at all.

Daily or Weekly Events: Drill weekend and then a two week trip. I can't wait!
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Am I Sober? Yes.

Have I Had Any Exposure to Alcohol Today? How did I handle the exposure? No.

Daily or Weekly Events: Finishing up drill and heading out for some training the next 2 weeks. I'm really looking forward to it!
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Admin Note: I talked to the Doc on Saturday March 6th. No issues to report. Still GTG!
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Am I Sober? Yep!

Have I Had Any Exposure to Alcohol Today? How did I handle the exposure? No.

Daily or Weekly Events: Just traveling!
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Am I Sober? Yep.

Have I Had Any Exposure to Alcohol Today? How did I handle the exposure? Not Today, but I have had alot the past few days and I'm doing fine around it. I actually thought that I had a sip the other night, but the waitress gave me straight tonic water instead of seltzer.

Daily or Weekly Events: Still on the road. We luckily got a few days off in Phoenix and we will be relaxing all over the place.
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB »

Bub32 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:39 am Have I Had Any Exposure to Alcohol Today? How did I handle the exposure? Not Today, but I have had alot the past few days and I'm doing fine around it. I actually thought that I had a sip the other night, but the waitress gave me straight tonic water instead of seltzer.
It pays to be extra careful when dining out - the bartender/drink maker is not responsible for your sobriety and mistakes can be (maybe) catastrophic! Sometimes taking in my own or ordered closed containers like a bottle of Pepsi or a can of ginger ale is preferable. If that is impossible, mark your drink with a little umbrella or a lemon wedge! When ordering like this "Non-alcoholic Pepsi with a lemon wedge" the bartender will be more memorable about it the next round!

I appreciate the way you keep your disease top-of-mind. That is how I thought about drinking and that is how I think about being sober! :D 8)
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

Thanks for the tips Paige. That was the first time it really happened to me and I'm sure ethat it won't be my last. I'll be keeping my guard up for sure.

Am I Sober? Yep.

Have I Had Any Exposure to Alcohol Today? How did I handle the exposure? Very little but it wasn't an issue.

Daily or Weekly Events: Training is going to be hot and heavy this coming week. I'm looking forward to it and it's going to make for some long days! I wish everyone a good week.
Bub32
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Bub32 »

I haven't checked in all week due to limited service but I am doing well and I was supposed to have a telecon with my Counselor on 19 Mar. I sent her an email update and am scheduling another chat with her for early April.

Everything is well! I hope everyone has a great weekend.