Hello, help me please

If you're not an alcoholic but have questions about AA, here's the place to ask them. Anyone may post messages and replies in this forum.
Ureadmyusername
Forums Newcomer

Hello, help me please

Post by Ureadmyusername » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:17 am

Hey people, my dad is very good person. I am only 13 years old and my sister is 9 years old. So my dad is making CNC machines and goes to business routes, in other cities. When he is there he don't drink. But he always says he will come for 2 days, but he is coming after 1 or 2 days. I just don't get this... And when he came in our town he goes somewhere and get drunk then come home. My mom is very nervous about that so also I.. When he is sober, he is very good person.. always help me with homework.. don't yell at me when i make something bad, etc.. I just don't want him to drink.. He usually gets drunk 2-3 times per month.. Help me to solve this pls... He also said he will stop drink but he doesn't... He don't drink around us, I never saw him drink around me..

Thanks.

leejosepho
Forums Old Timer

Re: Hello, help me please

Post by leejosepho » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:33 am

Welcome to e-AA, Uread!

You are not alone in your concerns, and maybe there are some Al-Anon and even some Alateen meetings near where you live. If you wish, do a web search for Alateen and that will get you to the Al-Anon website where you can click on your state and see what you can find. But even if there is no Alateen meeting near you, you and your mom could still probably find some nearby Al-Anon meetings where others with the same kinds of concerns try to be helpful to people like yourselves.

Glad to see you here and sharing with us!
=======================
"We A.A.s do not *stay* away from drinking [one day at a
time] -- we *grow* away from drinking [one day at a time]."
("Lois Remembers", page 168, quoting Bill, emphasis added)
=======================

Marc L
Forums Old Timer

Post by Marc L » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:34 am

Ureadmyusername wrote:Hey people, my dad is very good person. I am only 13 years old and my sister is 9 years old. So my dad is making CNC machines and goes to business routes, in other cities. When he is there he don't drink. But he always says he will come for 2 days, but he is coming after 1 or 2 days. I just don't get this... And when he came in our town he goes somewhere and get drunk then come home. My mom is very nervous about that so also I.. When he is sober, he is very good person.. always help me with homework.. don't yell at me when i make something bad, etc.. I just don't want him to drink.. He usually gets drunk 2-3 times per month.. Help me to solve this pls... He also said he will stop drink but he doesn't... He don't drink around us, I never saw him drink around me..

Thanks.
Hello YoungPerson;
Welcome.
I know how you feel...
My father was also a good man who meant well but sadly he was a drunk so I never really had a Dad. Bummer.
So how is school? What is your favorite subject?

Marc
Recovery won't just happen by Osmosis. You gonna' have to work at it some.
12th Step work ain't just a job... It's an Adventure.

leppimessiah
Forums Enthusiast

Post by leppimessiah » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:05 am

Hey there,

I understand the pain of having someone really close to you being trapped in the midst of alcoholism. It's not only THEIR disease it is OUR disease. It affects everyone around them. My twin sister is struggling badly with a dual addiction: alcohol and drugs. I never in my wildest dreams would think she was also a drug addict. But I can tell you that just this monday her addiction was at its worst: she did a hit and run while high and was suicidal. So what we did as a family was call 911 emergency because she was dangering herself and others. The destruction that she was causing was completely out of our hands so we needed help. This might be a wake up call for her or maybe not but we at least tried our very best. She is still in treatment waiting for a bed at a drug/alcohol facility.
I really do suggest Al-anon or Ala-teen. I'm attending those meetings and they've been very helpful in not only discussing our situation but recognizing that we are powerless over their disease. I've also learned that there are things that we can do to protect ourselves from their disease ex. the 911 call that we made, rather than having her stay at home and continue to get high and drunk. I hope this helps! This is just from my experience but please find all the help you can get for yourself!

mayup
Forums Newcomer

Post by mayup » Wed May 30, 2012 12:35 am

Hey,
Don't be so sad,ok? This problem can be sloved only by your dad himself.I thin your family should hold a family meeting ,and organised some rules.