Awareness

If you're not an alcoholic but have questions about AA, here's the place to ask them. Anyone may post messages and replies in this forum.
Robben
Forums Enthusiast

Awareness

Post by Robben » Tue May 03, 2011 9:43 pm

Hello AA,
Pain is the touchstone of all spiritual growth. Awareness is the key characteristic in seeing the result of my actions. Knowing that alchoholism was the problem helps me to feel secure. Knowing that I do not have to repeat the same literal hell over and over to please someone else is a break through that led to a life that is happy, joyous, and free, and worth living. We do not have to feel ashamed that our alchoholism seemed to be winning us over in a way that appeared that we would never regain that sense of self control. Gratitude comes from the ability to reach out for help, the willingness to listen, and the willingness to be of service. We can stop blaming others for our mistakes, and we can stop blaming ourselves for having made them. Sobriety offers us a daily reprieve. There is no other fellowship like AA, and there is no greater service than seeing ourselves as low bottom drunks, live a life that is useful and contented, by developing a quality of living that knows no greater end. Our thankfulness comes from within, and our willingness to do God's will for us, provides us with happy and purposeful lives, by offering our unconditional thanks, and by giving to others what was so freely given to us.

Thank You,

Robben W

happycamper
Forums Long Timer

Re: Awareness

Post by happycamper » Sun May 08, 2011 2:51 am

Nice Robben, thanks for sharing!
Faith without works is dead

jakpar
Forums Contributor

Post by jakpar » Sun May 08, 2011 12:22 pm

well put, and thanks for the share Robben
Jack

"We are of service by accepting responsibility for the authority God has given us and by respecting the authority God has given to others"
Anonymous

Robben
Forums Enthusiast

Post by Robben » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:48 pm

I often thought that between the easy and the hard way there must be a way to achieve good sobriety, to live a good life, rather than an easy or a hard one.