What does this mean?

If you're not an alcoholic but have questions about AA, here's the place to ask them. Anyone may post messages and replies in this forum.

What does this mean?

Postby Lostgirl » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:24 am

Hi I am new here.... thought I would reach out to see if someone can help me answer. My husband drinks every night 5-8 beer usually, sometimes more. Can anyone tell me why he would go to bed at maybe a .14 BAC and wake up 9 hrs later and still be blowing a .12 BAC ? Does this mean his liver can no longer metabolize the alcohol?
Lostgirl
Forums Newcomer

Re: What does this mean?

Postby Duke » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:18 am

Hi. I just thought I'd welcome you to our forum and explain that it is a place for those who have a problem with alcohol to come share their experience strength and hope with each other to support their recovery.

We are not experts on medical or technical questions such as yours except by chance and I'm not sure what type of response you may get. I just wanted to let you know it's not that we don't care, but rather (at least in my case) that I have no clue what the answer to your question is.

Good luck to you.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa
Duke
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:20 am

That sounds like a question for a doctor. We don't usually do answers that lend themselves to medical advice, but someone with experience in the going to bed x drunk & waking up X drunk may come along. Living like that was a pretty daily thing for me... never paid any attention to my BAC unless I was talking to an attorney.
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Lostgirl » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:43 am

Thanks for the reply :) I understand , at this point I dont know if he will ever quit... so now I am just scared for his life.He has drank heavily since he was a kid (40 now) and had a stint with drugs which landed him Hep C. He quit drinking for years while we were having children but has now sank back into it.

He wont see a doctor anymore so it feels like a waiting game. I feel like I have to prepare myself that he may very well die from this :( We have a large family and I feel like neither the kids, our marriage or loss of his own life seem to motivate him to stop.

I dont know what to do.

Duke wrote:Hi. I just thought I'd welcome you to our forum and explain that it is a place for those who have a problem with alcohol to come share their experience strength and hope with each other to support their recovery.

We are not experts on medical or technical questions such as yours except by chance and I'm not sure what type of response you may get. I just wanted to let you know it's not that we don't care, but rather (at least in my case) that I have no clue what the answer to your question is.

Good luck to you.
Lostgirl
Forums Newcomer

Postby Duke » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:23 pm

Well, it does certainly sounds like you qualify for Alanon. That's an organization where folks with spouses or significant others who abuse alcohol go to work their own twelve step program and support each other in the process. I've seen it help a whole lot of people who don't know what to do about a loved one who's taking their drinking to a self-destructive level. It's what I would and have recommended to a number of folks who've come to me with similar problems over the years.

Good luck to you.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa
Duke
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:33 pm

Here is a link to Alanon... I am pretty sure you will find them in your community!
http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/home
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Return to Our Friends and Families