miss my old homegroup... think I found a new one...

Is the concept of a Home Group dying? What is a Home Group anyway? Talk about it here.
LisaF
Forums Newcomer

miss my old homegroup... think I found a new one...

Post by LisaF » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:16 am

I just moved to Nebraska... so had to leave my homegroup behind in Memphis, TN... I miss them terribly! And when going to meetings here, I really compare them to my old homegroup... and I know I shouldn't. My boyfriend told me that I'm not going to find that same kind of camaraderie here that I had in my old homegroup, he came down there to Memphis and went to my homegroup a few times and loved it, said it was something special... and it was...

The Thursday night meeting I go to here I guess is sorta my homegroup here... I wish it met more than once a week. My homegroup back home had 14 meetings a week... There's a Sunday night meeting in the next town over that I like too, but have only been there a couple of times and haven't really gotten to know anyone there yet... there's some other meetings my boyfriend said we should try here, meetings he used to go to... but this Thursday night meeting, I already feel like they're family, have had no problem sharing in meetings there, usually my anxiety's bad when I share... I really like it a lot. But it's a small group, and not many women in it, so I need to try other meetings to find a sponsor...

I can't wait till May when I'm going back to Memphis for a visit... I've been talking to my friends from my homegroup there, and it turns out I'll be home for my old sponsor's 4 yr birthday!