OUR FRIEND JOHN.

Is the concept of a Home Group dying? What is a Home Group anyway? Talk about it here.

Susan for John Re: OUR FRIEND JOHN.

Postby JohnDaniels » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:32 pm

clouds wrote:Hi John,

I'm sad to know of the heart attack and so happy its going well for you now.
Missing your shares of experience strength and hope, of which, from this latest experience, you will have even more strengths to share from somewhere down the line.

Please take care and get well soon!

Clouds

Susan types for John wrote,
Thank you Clouds for your compassion and your kind and thoughtful words.

(Susan) I have enjoyed this evening with you people here. I will keep you posted about Johns progress. This entire time is not trying for John but is another part of what he calls his spiritual growth and strengthens his faith. It is an honor for me to do this for my husband John. He makes me feel safe and protected. He is a very strong man and is always laughing and spreading his laughter. His caring and giving heart are byproducts of the AA program that he has instilled in all our children and our talking bird who came into our lives as a gift of love. Thank you again. You guys mean so much to us.

Peace be with you all,
Susan
JohnDaniels
Forums Enthusiast

Re: OUR FRIEND JOHN.

Postby positrac » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:12 am

^^^^^Thanks for the update and keep getting stronger^^^^^
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Postby avaneesh912 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:24 am

Once in a while, we come across rate individuals, who want to give their fullest to others. Just sharing this and with not a inkling in your mind, I wish I had one, shows us all this program works. Salute SIR. You are a troop.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Postby Patsy© » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:33 am

Thank you so much Patsy. You and I kind of have the same sense of humor at times. Hey I bet you'd have done the same thing. Am I right? :lol: Now that I think of it, I think we all have the same sense of humor. Yes, the Big Book even tells us "We absolutely insist on enjoying life". Yes it's in the chapter "After The Double Bypass Heart Surgery" :lol:

JohnDaniels
Trusted Servant

We absolutely do have very much the same sense of humor! I haven't done that same thing John....but I WILL NOW! :lol:

I told those whom I work with in Urgent Care what you did......and they laughed so hard, we had to take it to an office that was out of ear shot!! :lol:

And I believe, from their reaction, that I will not be alone in pulling off this prank! :lol:

Thank you John for being YOU, with your warm and ingenious sense of humor!
You are worth your weight in Gold John .... God Speed!
Failed 12 Step Call? Not if we walk away sober!
Patsy©
Forums Contributor

Postby PaigeB » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:27 am

A triangle shape on your heart? Does it have a circle around it?

The Circle is the Fellowship around you.

The Triangle represents Man to God and upside down God to Man... Find out which way it is positioned! You might have to pray standing on your head!

Feeling grateful hearing your voice through Susan. Keep doing the deal I look forward to some pumpkin spooge oozing out of your stitches... but not too soon or you'll do more than scare them!

(((hugs)))
Paige
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Brock » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:56 am

Thanks Susan for typing Johns replies, it is very nice that we can all get caught up on his medical progress and 'antics.' I pray for his continued improvement, and may God bless you both.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby Brock » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:45 pm

Johns wife Susan, who has kept us informed of his progress, sent an update a while ago, it is good news health wise, and also about his usual Sunday ministry, which he was able to fulfill today.
This is Susan.

John will likely be coming home tomorrow. They have done an echo everyday to see the functioning of the new arteries working as he coughs and puts a strain on his heart to see if everything is holding up with no leaks. He is able to walk around a little. His stiches are nice and tight and clean with no seeping. They did an MRI again today and it all looks good. His surgeon wants to keep him one more night anyway.

On Sunday mornings John gives a sermon at his biker church. These past few days I've been getting things organized so his biker congregation could come to the hospital chapel this morning. John gave a wonderful sermon this morning there. I brought his robe for him to wear over his hospital gown.

When the nurse wheeled John in the chapel with his iv's still attached, those guys all stood up, clapping and whistling really loud for several minutes. He held his hands out for the guys to shake as the nurse wheeled him to the front. His nurse wheeling him said that's never happened in that hospital chapel. She loved it.

John talked about 3 types of faith people have. The kind of faith that keeps us FROM the fire. The type of faith that takes us AROUND the fire. And the type of faith that sustains us THROUGH the fire.
It all was even televised throughout the hospital on all the TV's in all the rooms. Our youngest daughter is a music professor at a university and she is also in a rock n roll group playing the keys. She also has a gospel group and they play at the biker church on Sundays. The drummer has a great singing voice so he leads everyone off in the congregation. They played at the hospital chapel this morning. They played Johns favorite gospel songs, Love Lifted Me, How Great Thou Art, He Ain't Heavy He's My Brother, and Brother Loves Travelin' Salvation Show. That last song had everyone clapping. They all liked it so well, our daughters band did an extra long version of the song with everyone getting happier and happier and louder and louder with their clapping and singing. Everyone sang along on song sheets I printed out for the congregation.

John looked out among his congregation smiling with wet eyes just to see various motorcycle clubs in their colors, those guys were all sharing song sheets with each other and all singing with joy. Those guys used to be enemies and have turf wars and now they set by each other, shake hands, hug each other and call each other Brother. Every one of them comes in with a Bible. Those guys can be trusted with your life. It amazes me how John can talk to troubled souls and help them get turned around and turn their lives over to Jesus.

He always ends with a talk about what Jesus' purpose was in being sent to Earth. Then he prays and gives thanks. That part always has those tough bikers with tears running down their faces.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby JohnDaniels » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:21 pm

Thank you folks for your care and support. I really appreciate all this.

I got home yesterday. I can breath much better. My sternum and ribs are in some pain and that's to be expected. But hey, what a small price to pay.

I'd like to set here and type but I have some catching up to do setting on the couch with my arm around my little 5ft 2in bride.

I tell ya, Susan was so great stepping up to the plate the way she did, keeping you guys up to date, and taking charge of my hotrod and motorcycle shop and the surf board shop on the west coast. All of my guys in my shops are all sober in AA that makes it all so much better especially for Susan when she was dealing with them.

Those guys I sponsor brought a meeting to my hospital room on Friday evening. Susan even set it up with the hospital chapel and they all came on Sunday Morning. I tell ya. Those were some great experiences! Then the calls and texts from you folks here. I really appreciate it all.

So hey, if any of you guys here ever need a prostrate operation, I'll stand in for ya! :lol:

And you women here, if you ever want to have a baby but don't want to carry it for 9 months, just let me know ... I'll carry it for you In Vitro style! :lol:

Thanks again you guys!

JohnDaniels
JohnDaniels
Forums Enthusiast

Postby positrac » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:59 am

Hey welcome home and it is so good to hear you are on the fast/slow track to recovery. It is nice to know your employees are examples of sober lifestyle as these are important for positive mentoring and passing the message.

And lastly having your spouse onboard with all that she did is truly a women who is yoked together for better or worse.

Cheers.
You must live your life from beginning to end: No one else can do it for you.
Hopi Proverb
positrac
Forums Old Timer

Postby Spirit Flower » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:17 am

Welcome back John.
...a score card reading zero...
Spirit Flower
Trusted Servant

Postby Patsy© » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:57 am

Welcome back John, its so nice to see you posting again!
Failed 12 Step Call? Not if we walk away sober!
Patsy©
Forums Contributor

Postby Brock » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:58 am

I am also very happy to see John feeling up to typing here, thanks to God for pulling him through, and thanks to Susan for keeping us informed.
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby clouds » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:53 am

Welcome back!
" Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in God and clean house." page 98 A.A.
clouds
Trusted Servant

Previous

Return to The Home Group