Phone calls

Is the concept of a Home Group dying? What is a Home Group anyway? Talk about it here.

Phone calls

Postby Alex1 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:41 am

Hi guys,

I guess this is a bit of self-pity but I'm sitting here a little lonely and I'd really like to be in touch with the fellows from my home group. I've made a few calls but no-one is picking up.

This is not a one-off. I make loads of calls (at least 3 a day) and most of the time I have to leave a message on voicemail. Very rarely does anyone call me (maybe one call every couple of days). I just looked at my phone, 7 outgoing calls and 1 incoming. I guess it makes me self-pity a bit.

Does anyone else have this?
Alex1
Forums Enthusiast

Re: Phone calls

Postby ezdzit247 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:24 pm

Hi Alex

Your description of what you've been feeling sounds very much like classic symptoms of depression, which is not at all uncommon among recovering alcoholics. It sounds like you would benefit from medical help as well as AA, and I would suggest that you make an appointment with your doctor asap. It is important that you describe any feelings of fear, hopelessness, anger, despair, etc you may be experiencing as well as your diet and sleep patterns to your doctor so that he or she can determine whether or not you need more tests. Depression is a very treatable medical issue and your doctor can help you.

Keep coming back....
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
ezdzit247
Forums Old Timer

Postby Lali » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:27 pm

Unfortunately, this problem is not uncommon. People who don't want to return calls should not be giving their phone numbers out. This isn't going to help you today, but I suggest that you bring this up in your group conscience/steering committee meetings.
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Postby leejosepho » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:53 am

Send me a PM (Private Message), if you wish, and we can exchange numbers and/or have a chat. I am retired and home right here at the screen most of the time and "so situated that [I] can give nearly all [my] time to" trying to be helpful to others. (page 19)
=======================
"We A.A.s do not *stay* away from drinking [one day at a
time] -- we *grow* away from drinking [one day at a time]."
("Lois Remembers", page 168, quoting Bill, emphasis added)
=======================
leejosepho
Forums Old Timer

Return to The Home Group