E-aa at the International Convention

Is the concept of a Home Group dying? What is a Home Group anyway? Talk about it here.

E-aa at the International Convention

Postby PaigeB » Sun May 24, 2015 12:43 pm

Right at the top of http://www.aa.org/ you will find a link to the convention! July 2-5th

E-aa will be hosting the CyberSuite Friday & Saturday from 4-6 and we are pretty excited about it! We are making postcards or invitations to hand out there and will be showing or talking about all venues of e-aa. This might bring in quite an influx of e-aa registrations and visitors and I am hoping, even if we do not have cake, that we will all be here to welcome the newcomers & the curious to our Home Group here.

This may also bring criticism as some folks do not think that online AA is real or safe AA. Please be gentle with our detractors... it is the only way we will make sense to them is to be on our very best behavior and to be as kind and loving as you were with me when I came in!

Our registrations are in the 1000's of usernames, but do not let that lull you into a false sense that someone else will be here to do the work. 4 or 5 of us will be physically present at the Convention and I hope that there will be many of you who can sneak into these e-aa Forums to show your love and to participate in the 12th Step work that keeps us alive and just might help someone else who suffers.

In the meantime, I am going to open another thread incase Online Intergroup folks want to join us here as we all discussion our plans outside the OIAA business meeting.
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=16931
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Re: E-aa at the International Convention

Postby Niagara » Mon May 25, 2015 3:23 am

I'd just like to say that online AA was my first port of call.....from a woman too scared to attend a face to face initially, or even pick up the phone to call the helpline. Were it not for E-AA and the ESH I'd gotten here, and therefore an inkling of hope, I don't think I would have dared get to a face to face meeting. Fear is a powerful thing.

I believe in this modern day and age of technology, E-AA is an absolute asset to the suffering alcoholic :)
If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month -
Theodore Roosevelt
Niagara
Forums Old Timer

Postby kenyal » Mon May 25, 2015 8:49 am

Hope to make it there, subject to arranging some details here. I attended the Seattle International and would like to take my spouse to her first one. We'll do our best to drop by the suite and thank you and those manning the room personally for your service.
kenyal
Forums Long Timer

Postby PaigeB » Mon May 25, 2015 1:13 pm

I did have your name on my list of possible peeps I will know only names for. The other 10K I will not know at all!

Still, you are 10K+ of my best friends!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby avaneesh912 » Sun May 31, 2015 5:32 am

E-aa will be hosting the CyberSuite Friday & Saturday from 4-6 and we are pretty excited about it!

After a long hesitation, I did register for the convention and will be volunteering as a greeter at one of the various spots. Hope to meet some of the e-aa folks in person. Looking forward to that.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Postby PaigeB » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:01 pm

The Cyber Suite will be in the OAK Room at the Omni Hotel. Most of the hospitality suites are in the Omni.
E-aa will host the Suite Fri & Saturday 4-6pm
OIAA Steppers will host Friday Noon to 2pm

I will post updates as I find them!
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby kenyal » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:24 pm

Looks like things have worked out for us to go, we'll make a point to drop in and say hey.
kenyal
Forums Long Timer

Postby PaigeB » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:19 pm

I am getting super excited!!!

I have asked several folks to open their own new thread of testimony on how online AA helped you get sober or helped you stay sober or added to your sobriety. The idea is open to everyone of course!

Let's be on our best behavior! :lol: :) :D :mrgreen: :) :D :lol: :P
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby Tommy-S » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:34 pm

That Great, Paige...

And you'll be bringing all of us who couldn't attend presents, right? :lol:

Have fun, and thanks for representing us... Tommy
Together, we don't have to cave in or wimp out to that Fatal First One, no matter what today!
Tommy-S
Forums Old Timer

Return to The Home Group