Can I ask a couple of questions?

Is the concept of a Home Group dying? What is a Home Group anyway? Talk about it here.

Re: Can I ask a couple of questions?

Postby Lali » Wed May 14, 2014 5:39 am

There are some women in my home group as well as another meeting who take a meeting to the women's prison once a week. So about once a month a money can to buy books and pamphlets for those in prison is passed around separately. I think the group should have the right to decide when their money is going to something other than the norm, i.e. other than rent, coffee, toilet paper!, study books for the home group, etc. It seems that most people are in favor of the meeting in the prison, perhaps these ladies, because of their exposure to the program in prison, will dive right into AA meetings (and stepwork) upon their release. And I have seen this happen - okay, I have digressed a bit from the OP - but wanted to share about this wonderful 12 step work being performed at the prison. (Unfortunately, I cannot participate - other than financially - as someone who has been convicted of 3 misdemeanors.)
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Re: Can I ask a couple of questions?

Postby sober8688 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:22 am

old thread but...my home group buys flowers when there is a death,but not for births
we have had people fuss about that but ....they moved on and we still send flowers to the funeral home when someone or their spouse dies
sober8688
Forums Enthusiast

Previous

Return to The Home Group