Disturbing member

Is the concept of a Home Group dying? What is a Home Group anyway? Talk about it here.

Re: Disturbing member

Postby Stepchild » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:11 am

tomsteve wrote: It would be nice to find out how the hell this man thinks not drinking one day at a time is achieved and apparently doesn't understand the last part of the 12th step or The 5th tradition, which the message is supposed to be that of how we recovered using the program.
Please tell him for me I thnk his misinformation may very well kill someone and if he doesn't like the way AA is he is free to write a book, get a coffee pot and start another recovery program.

I can't sit back and let people say things like that.....And I didn't. Call it an intuitive thought. I guess God wasn't too displeased...I ended up speaking somewhere else that I really liked.
Stepchild
Forums Old Timer

Re: Disturbing member

Postby Sleddog75 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:04 am

We can't stop anyone from being a part of AA. But it say nowhere that you can't stop people from people being a part of your homegroup. There is a difference between Groups and Meetings. If it's a group you can take a group conscience and "vote" him off the island so to speak. You aren't stopping him from being in AA just from your homegroup. Protecting the group integrity is the utmost important. We do this on a regular basis. We protect the women and newcomers from such people. It's a crappy thing but necessary.
Sleddog75
Forums Enthusiast

Previous

Return to The Home Group