Have any of you ever...

Most of us who recovered with AA's program did so with the help of a "sponsor". But what is sponsorship? How do I get one? Who can be a sponsor? What makes a good sponsor?
Tommy-S
Forums Old Timer

Re: Have any of you ever...

Post by Tommy-S » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:59 pm

Thanks for the topic, Victor, and the responses.

"We TRIED to carry this message..." The one helped is the messenger always.

Don't let the demons of discouragement get you. Keep trying, and trust the seed planted will grow, if and when IT was meant to.

Tommy
Together, we don't have to cave in or wimp out to that Fatal First One, no matter what today!

derek
Forums Enthusiast

Re: Have any of you ever...

Post by derek » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:27 am

Hello,The topic has given me a lot to think about & what I found was that alkys have very thin skins & mine could be the thinnest of all. When I first tried to help someone & I met them in the street they were drunkI felt like taking them by the throat & shaking them and shouting don,t you realise what you have thrown away .Think ,think,think, came into mind and so I said nothing realising when the drink was in the sense was out .I met another man at a meeting & he just would not speak to anyone so I went early to the meeting & talked and had a break through by talking about snooker & gradually he opened up & far as I know is still sober some 20 years later ,there are many many ways of helping a newcomer take care derek