Seeking online sponsor

Most of us who recovered with AA's program did so with the help of a "sponsor". But what is sponsorship? How do I get one? Who can be a sponsor? What makes a good sponsor?
girlsmeg
Forums Newcomer

Seeking online sponsor

Post by girlsmeg » Sun May 27, 2012 12:48 am

removed
Last edited by girlsmeg on Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Re: Seeking online sponsor

Post by PaigeB » Sun May 27, 2012 1:13 am

HI Nicole! e-AA offers online line sponsorship I think... I know they can direct you to a woman with sobriety that has done the steps. Contact e-AA here and let them know what you need.

http://www.e-aa.org/help.php

Good luck. Keep coming back!
Step 6 is "AA's way of stating, the best possible attitude one can take in order to make a beginning on this lifetime job... with most of them we shall have to be content with patient improvement." 12&12 Step Six, p.65

ann2
Forums Old Timer

Re: Seeking online sponsor

Post by ann2 » Mon May 28, 2012 1:55 am

Hi Nicole,

Awesome to meet you and glad you found us. It's so great you are seeking sponsorship, because a sponsor should be able to help you take the actions recommended in the Big Book, and those lead to recovery from this illness. It works!

I hope you keep visiting us online -- I'm a social phobic as well, but have learned to deal with it, mostly thanks to taking the steps (acceptance and a loving relationship with a higher power work wonders for most fears, including social ones). However I'm a chatterbox online, and it's been a great outlet for me.

I also wanted to mention that a really great way to get a sponsor is to ask someone, someone you admire. so if you do some reading here and see a woman who's got what you want, shoot her a pm and just ask. Actually, that's the way we sort of do it nowadays, the potential sponsee can *choose* -- but of course it's done all sorts of ways.

Welcome to e-AA!

ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada