How do I help my atheist sponsee?

Most of us who recovered with AA's program did so with the help of a "sponsor". But what is sponsorship? How do I get one? Who can be a sponsor? What makes a good sponsor?

Re: How do I help my atheist sponsee?

Postby Brock » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:51 pm

JaninGV1942 wrote: We all experience moments of awe and wonder at times in our life....that is a spiritual experience....

I have a more formal belief perhaps in a God of my understanding, however my spiritual path has me agreeing 100% with this. Each morning I get an emailed meditation from a good friend of AA, the well known priest Fr. Richard Rohr, and he agrees with this as well. He knows and speaks about the other person I follow, Eckhart Tolle, they both encourage development of a consciousness which has us seeing the beauty all around, a few weeks ago I quoted this from the bible -
If you would learn more, ask the cattle,
Seek information from the birds of the air.
The creeping things of earth will give you lessons,
And the fishes of the sea will tell you all.

It takes practice, and I am fairly new to it, but when we can look at things without judging them, just experiencing them, those moments of awe and wonder come. Tolle says we can learn to live with that feeling most of the time, being present and non judgmental is important. Seeing even a bird hopping across my lawn, has this old ex drunken vagabond smiling, and happier than I have ever been.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Previous

Return to Sponsorship