Sponsor Venue

Most of us who recovered with AA's program did so with the help of a "sponsor". But what is sponsorship? How do I get one? Who can be a sponsor? What makes a good sponsor?

Sponsor Venue

Postby suzycat » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:56 pm

Hi all,

I'm starting with my first sponsee this weekend! But i'm wondering where to bring him through the book. I can't have him in my house as i live with my parents. I was thinking of meeting him in a cafe and doing it there. Although it wouldn't be very private thats all i can think of.

Any suggestions please!!

Thanks
suzycat
Forums Newcomer

Re: Sponsor Venue

Postby avaneesh912 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:09 am

I meet at starbucks, waffle houses. The kid I am working with now, I go to his treatment facility there is a nice lake in the facility with few picnic chairs and a table. The meeting place itself could be used, perhaps you need to run it by the group conscience just so you don't tick some ego maniacs.
Show him, from your own experience, how the peculiar mental condition surrounding that first drink prevents normal functioning of the will power (Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 92)
avaneesh912
Trusted Servant

Postby suzycat » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:54 pm

Yeah going to meet in a cafe in city centre. I forgot about good ol Starbucks!!!
suzycat
Forums Newcomer

Postby Noels » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:14 pm

Hi Suzycat :D i would tell him my residential circumstances and ask him where he'd like to meet . When I needed assistance with step 5 i was quite nervous about the meeting place. I didn't work with a sponsor. So I suggested to the person we meet at our place which worked out perfectly.
Xxx Noels
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Blue Moon » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:16 pm

What about their home?
Ian S
AKA Blue Moon
Blue Moon
Site Admin

Postby Lali » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:27 pm

Many people here meet just prior to or immediately following a meeting at the meeting venue. Some people may be uncomfortable meeting in a public place like a restaurant. Or how about meeting in a park at a picnic table (unless of course you live in North Dakota where it's freezing right now). :lol:
Lali
Forums Old Timer

Return to Sponsorship