need a sponsor

Most of us who recovered with AA's program did so with the help of a "sponsor". But what is sponsorship? How do I get one? Who can be a sponsor? What makes a good sponsor?

need a sponsor

Postby jd4570 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:06 am

requesting a sponsor or friends to connect with for support.
thanks Jim
jd4570
Forums Newcomer

Re: need a sponsor

Postby Duke » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:03 am

Good morning Jim. The traffic on these forums is slow on the weekends. I know that you will receive responses with links to AA resources in due course. Be patient.

In the meantime, why don't you spend some time looking through some past topics that resonate with where you are. There's a lot of good discussion here.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa
Duke
Forums Old Timer

Postby Noels » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:38 am

Heya Jim :D welcome to e-aa :D
There is only Love
Noels
Forums Old Timer

Postby Tosh » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:48 am

jd4570 wrote:requesting a sponsor or friends to connect with for support.
thanks Jim

Welcome, Jim. I'm Tosh an alkie in the UK. I don't sponsor on-line; only face-to-face, but if I've got a question or a problem, I've used these forums to sound off.

Sometimes just putting a problem down in words helps process it. I've even typed out whines about problems and then not posted them, because it kind of sorted it just going through the process.

But I also found having a face-to-face sponsor, a guy who had been through the steps and had that spiritual awakening - a great asset in early recovery; he helped me keep things simple, and just led me through the Big Book and the 12 Steps. This was the real support that I got from him.

Just out of interest, which part of the world do you come from?

Glad you're here,

Tosh
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Postby conorryan50 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:26 pm

Hi Jim,
Did you get sorted with a sponsor? If you have any issues, feel free to reach out and I can pm my number.

Remember, relapse ia not necessary!

God bless,
Conor.
conorryan50
Forums Newcomer

Return to Sponsorship