Looking for a sponsor in London area !

Most of us who recovered with AA's program did so with the help of a "sponsor". But what is sponsorship? How do I get one? Who can be a sponsor? What makes a good sponsor?

Looking for a sponsor in London area !

Postby dixon » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:32 pm

Hi all,

I am a binge drinker usually drink 9-15 units at a time.I can keep myself free from drink if I feel there is quick harm to my health or job.I am on and off drinker.Because of this addiction I lost many relationships,friendships,finance,career,selfesteem .Now i am living in a comfort zone.I live alone for 24 hours.I am very creative person but spend time for drinking to avoid loneliness.I have many information about this addiction but I am unable to apply alone.I have tools like meditation,chanting prayers,affirmations,hypnosis and more.I need a sponsor somewhere between Westminster and Greenwich.I prefer a retired or a freelancer person so that I can call or see most of the time.

If anyone kind to help please leave a message here.
Regards
Dixon
dixon
Forums Newcomer

Re: Looking for a sponsor in London area !

Postby Duke » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:08 pm

Good evening Dixon. I don't know if anyone here can help you find a sponsor in London or not. I know I can't as I am across the ocean from you.

I do know that most folks find sponsors by going to meetings and asking someone with some solid sobriety who's worked the steps and whose story resonates with you. I'd suggest you try that.

Good luck to you.
"If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.", Mother Teresa
Duke
Forums Old Timer

Postby Brock » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:09 pm

Welcome here Dixon. I am afraid you may be going about this in a manner that probably won't work, in AA it is normal to attend meetings and there find a sponsor you feel will fit your needs, I think you will be very lucky if someone fitting the bill, just happens to see your post here, or anywhere else, and replies.

Please consider looking up meetings in your area, in such an area as yours you should find many. There you will feel welcome without any pressure to do anything, and have the opportunity to hopefully meet the sort of person who can give the time you need.

Your belief in meditation and such practices will help make the AA program easier, and it really is quite a simple formula to stop drinking and not miss it one bit, best of luck to you.
"Good morning, this is your Higher Power speaking. I will not be needing your help today."
Brock
Forums Coordinator

Postby dixon » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:18 pm

Thanks a lot Brock !
I will go as per your advices.
Regards
dixon
Forums Newcomer

Postby dixon » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:20 pm

Thanks a lot Duke.
dixon
Forums Newcomer

Postby Tosh » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:55 pm

dixon wrote:I am very creative person but spend time for drinking to avoid loneliness.I have many information about this addiction but I am unable to apply alone.I have tools like meditation,chanting prayers,affirmations,hypnosis and more.I need a sponsor somewhere between Westminster and Greenwich.

Hi Dixon,

There must be a shed load - no two shed loads - of meetings within a five mile radius of where you live. Whilst we do have some members from the UK (like myself), you'll find a greater number at the meetings where you live.

But please keep posting here too; it's a great tool for recovery.

Regards

Tosh
Come, come, whoever you are. Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving. It doesn't matter. Ours is not a caravan of despair. Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times. Come, yet again, come, come.” Rumi (No sniggering from the sex addicts)
Tosh
Forums Old Timer

Return to Sponsorship