OMG - Honest questions deserves honest answers !

Most of us who recovered with AA's program did so with the help of a "sponsor". But what is sponsorship? How do I get one? Who can be a sponsor? What makes a good sponsor?
whipping post
Forums Contributor

Re: OMG - Honest questions deserves honest answers !

Post by whipping post » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:33 am

And meanwhile there are still suffering alcoholics out there that need help...

Niagara
Forums Old Timer

Post by Niagara » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:38 am

Service wrote:
Surly it is plan to see the person is not in A.A nor knows of A.A "second visit" that why we need an outside sponsorship system to bring them in not help them out and stay co dependent on people places and things -- Take a closer look.
Not really understanding what you're saying there.......send a non alcoholic round? or it's fine to do the initial 12th step call, but after that it's entirely between them and god, no direction?

Sort of disagrees with my previous quotes from the book, don't it?

Not disagreeing I need God to stay sober. I am well aware no human power could have relieved me of my alcoholism. No man on this earth could have sobered me up - and nor can he keep me sober. But someone to help me get in touch with that God, in the state I was in, suicidal, stressed out to all hell, invaluable. I would not have made this without a guide.

May I ask how long you've been sober, service?
If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month -
Theodore Roosevelt

Service
Forums Contributor

Post by Service » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:09 am

Q: there is a reason why A.A states Anonymity twice and is the spiritual foundation of all our Traditions, Do you think this may have to do with the outside co - dependent system injected into A.A in the mid 70s? before you get all puffy check the pamphlet copy right on sponsorship that was injected shortly after Bill W passed away thanks to Clarance S - Label ed himself "the father of Alcoholics Anonymous" great history on sponsorship prior to Bill passing - Hank P. and Clarence story Hank got drunk Clarence did not talk to Bill for 20 years - you can find a lot of it in the A.A book PASS IT ON ! green cover
Q: Why does the Traditions of A.A state "we are never to praise our self's" ? while the dependents and co-dependents always have to.

Lali
Forums Old Timer

Post by Lali » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:20 am

C'mon, guys, regarding the posts by Service, do we have such a great need to be "right" that we are responding to the nonsense? Frankly, I have better things to do with my time and will not participate in the game. So, this post will be the last I say on the subject.

There are those of you who probably don't know Service's history here at e-AA as many of you are new. This person comes around periodically to "stir up stuff" (as Paige so aptly put it). And we are taking the bait. We are simply adding fuel to the fire. Lets take a look at ourselves and determine what our motives are. Why not simply respond with a disclaimer that we will no longer participate in such discussions as it serves no useful purpose.

I will say that, at times, I do have some level of empathy for this person, as it is my opinion that he is "spiritually sick", however, there is nothing to be gained by participating in this.
Step 1: I can't
Step 2: He can
Step 3: I think I'll let him

leejosepho
Forums Old Timer

Post by leejosepho » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:17 am

Lali wrote:C'mon, guys, regarding the posts by Service, do we have such a great need to be "right" that we are responding to the nonsense?
I do not see where anyone appears to be posting for that reason, and the insights and experience being posted can certainly be helpful to others. However, I also have other things to do...so since this seems to be covered well, off I go!
=======================
"We A.A.s do not *stay* away from drinking [one day at a
time] -- we *grow* away from drinking [one day at a time]."
("Lois Remembers", page 168, quoting Bill, emphasis added)
=======================

Reborn
Forums Long Timer

Post by Reborn » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:33 pm

What kind of delusional S*** is this? The word sponsorship is not in the 164 of the Big Book...this is true. However without others this program would not exist. Not sure why Service keeps labeling people "co-dependents"...sounds like a resentment...page 64 read it my friend. There is a lot of references in the Big Book about sharing with others...

page 89...

Practical experience shows that nothing will so much insure immunity from drinking as intensive work with other alcoholics. It works when other activities fail. This is our twelfth suggestion: Carry this message to other alcoholics! You can help when no one else can. You can secure their confidence when others fail. Remember they are very ill.

Life will take on new meaning. To watch people recover, to see them help others, to watch loneliness vanish, to see a fellowship grow up about you, to have a host of friends - this is an experience you must not miss. We know you will not want to miss it. Frequent contact with newcomers and with each other is the bright spot of our lives.

What about this do you not understand? I believe most alcoholics who come through the door are co-dependent...part of the disease. As we go through the steps...especially step 4 and 5 we get to see all of our grosser handicaps. We uncover discover and discard those things that were blocking us from the sunlight of the spirit. We ask God to remove these and make amends to those we harmed. Then we 10...continue 11...seek 12...practice everyday to stay spiritually connected. All I know is I couldn't do this alone and having another man I can go to with anything is priceless in my sobriety. My sponsor taught me how to stand in the trenches and give this thing away. Helping another alcoholic find his/her spiritual path way is one(if not the most)powerful things we do in AA.
We have recovered, and have been given the power to help others. BB pg 132

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:21 pm

I removed another post by service for name calling. He seems to be a very angry person and I do not want what he has as far as sobriety is concerned. I have Peace. I have an HP of Love. I do not want to be angry and insist on being right. I think he said he would be back on Monday.

I also want to say that I went over the Traditions but with my sponsor and sponsees and NO WHERE does it talk about "labels". That is my experience and my reasonable reading of the Traditions.

Service may very well have this disease and it is showing in all manner of selfishness, self-centeredness, delusions and fear... just like it says in the book. I hope he finds help of some kind. This disease is insidious.
Step 6 is "AA's way of stating, the best possible attitude one can take in order to make a beginning on this lifetime job... with most of them we shall have to be content with patient improvement." 12&12 Step Six, p.65

Service
Forums Contributor

Post by Service » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:30 pm

Monday ok

So your the one that deleted a dozen or so comments, What Names ? Do you make up stories to please your followers?

Q: Is this why it states again in the A.A Traditions "They had changed from A.A members into A.A show-offs. " need a page? :idea:

Service
Forums Contributor

Post by Service » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:52 pm

Q: Is this the reason Tradition 10 states
“others fell apart because of their sheer self-righteousness while trying to enforce upon the rest of mankind some millennium of their own specification.”
Q: Is "others" Sponsors you think? Who else could it be?

Question: PaigeB Can you be honest and are you going to lock up talking and asking questions about the Traditions of A.A because they don't fit your specifications?
show your people the so called name calling BS you personally seem to have going - Was it about an example of self substantiating ? Name calling ?
PaigeB please explain your self here why you remove posts, now you be the example good or bad and be honest this time at the very least
Took another screen shot just in case you make up another story to please yourself and remove another one you personally don't agree with!
Yes I'm calling you out, not asking you out so you can figure some way to delete this to, breath, comm down, let the hormones pass, call your sponsor, cry , kick and hang in there girl we all love you co dependent or not !

leejosepho
Forums Old Timer

Post by leejosepho » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:07 pm

Service wrote:PaigeB please explain your self...
Nah, no need. Paige is in her seat for a reason, she follows her own conscience within group conscience and you and I both know mod decisions are final anyway.

What happened to your plan to not be here for a couple of days?
=======================
"We A.A.s do not *stay* away from drinking [one day at a
time] -- we *grow* away from drinking [one day at a time]."
("Lois Remembers", page 168, quoting Bill, emphasis added)
=======================

Reborn
Forums Long Timer

Post by Reborn » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:01 pm

Service wrote:edit

Do you co sponsor her in deleting A.A EXAMPLES you don't like about the Traditions and A.A to? or do you just like to speak for and about others?
Do you have any question about A.A or just answers about other people ? :idea:

Q: Is it truly a group CONscience of groupie will ?

Honest questions deserves honest answers !
What the hell are you trying to prove with this S***????
We have recovered, and have been given the power to help others. BB pg 132

Service
Forums Contributor

Post by Service » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:39 pm

leejosepho wrote:
Service wrote:PaigeB please explain your self...
Nah, no need. Paige is in her seat for a reason, she follows her own conscience within group conscience and you and I both know mod decisions are final anyway.

What happened to your plan to not be here for a couple of days?

Re to above:
edit
Do you co sponsor her in deleting A.A EXAMPLES you don't like about the Traditions and A.A to? or do you just like to speak for and about others?

Reborn wrote:
Service wrote:You must be her co-dependent - going after traffic here in Cal there is a lot of people being of service work wise.

What the hell are you trying to prove with this S***????
Prove? or respond ? are you speaking your own reality now- who brought up this topic and what are you tiring to prove here- I just answered the questions above and above that - Gotta go family waiting Have a nice week end God Bless

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:21 am

Q: Is this the reason Tradition 10 states
“others fell apart because of their sheer self-righteousness while trying to enforce upon the rest of mankind some millennium of their own specification.”
Q: Is "others" Sponsors you think? Who else could it be?
Nothing in there about labels -

and here you call another member a co-dependant... that is name calling and I am deleting the entire post.

Yes. I ask you to conform yourself. If you disrupt this board you will be censured in a way not unlike a member who continually screams, "LIAR!" in the middle of a meeting or even an AA potluck.

No one is amused. Time out will be enforced if you do not practice self control... self-control is in the Big Book, hint - it is in the first 164 pages.
Step 6 is "AA's way of stating, the best possible attitude one can take in order to make a beginning on this lifetime job... with most of them we shall have to be content with patient improvement." 12&12 Step Six, p.65

Service
Forums Contributor

Post by Service » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:35 pm

Why does the book mean when it says this in the book
“Our egomania digs two disastrous pitfalls, Either we insist upon dominating the people we know, or we depend upon them fare to much”
is it talking about you and me or do you think it is about sponsor and co-dependent or both? Or do you thinks it's not even talking about us and someone else?
An honest question deserves an honest answer !
Please don't attack me here again attack where it came from, simply particapate in the question and if you or your Co Dependent doesn’t know, that's ok, I would love to here from people who don't have anger issues and attack with arrogance, cuss-words and threats.
For instance:
1st question : “ If God could and would if sought” (in the book? - and "personal willingness is the key' (In the book) and one is already here in a fellowship (obvious) what is the craze about with all the co-dependent administers that is a requirement ?
Answer by Niagara » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:31 am : I don't see questions ( may woke up on the wrong side of bed to early)
Example from PaigeB : I removed another post by service for name calling. He seems to be a very angry person and I do not want what he has as far as sobriety is concerned. I have Peace. I have an HP of Love. I do not want to be angry and insist on being right. I think he said he would be back on Monday. Never look or tried to answer the question from the book ,just comes at you with threats, sick actions and rants. Oh My GOD an honest question deserves an honest answer!
Example From: Reborn (lol) ansewr to a simple question in the book “What the hell are you trying to prove with this S***???? “ Never look or tried to answer the question just went on a rant.

2nd Question: Big Book Quote " A vision for you one man with this book in your hand. We believe and hope it contains all you will need to begin."
What does A.A not you mean by this statement?
Answer by Layne » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:35 am “Sharing opinions is not one of the cornerstones.”
Answer by avaneesh912 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:51 am “This fellowship is littered with hard drunks like service. “
Answer by by leejosepho » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:02 am this one must of forgot the question

Service responded to the rants “This is not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing with someone “ re asked the question “Question: Big Book Quote " A vision for you one man with this book in your hand. We believe and hope it contains all you will need to begin."
What does A.A not you mean by this statement? “

Hearing your fears leaves me with a curiosity question not in the Big Book thank God – “ Doyou all come from the same sponsor? Because the fear and rants shows here it's surly not a loving God.
An honest question deserves an honest answer !
Please don't attack me here again attack the book it came from or simple explain the question if you or your Co Dependent doesn’t know, that's ok, just leave people here the chance to answer simple questions fearlessly rather than attacks, arrogance, cuss-words and threats.
Their are a lot of topics here surly you can find one that agrees with you personally and if not follow your own instructions and call your co-dependent .
by PaigeB » Oh goodie - “ I will be locking this very very soon.”
The fear and Co-Dependency is Amazing thank you for being an example good or bad!

PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Post by PaigeB » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:04 am

Please don't attack me here again attack the book it came from or simple explain the question if you or your Co Dependent doesn’t know, that's ok,
Are you calling my sponsor a name? A label like calling her stupid?

What your step Service. I do not act alone, I act by group conscious.