How much is Sponsorship from the Founders/Early Pioneers and how much is accretion?

Most of us who recovered with AA's program did so with the help of a "sponsor". But what is sponsorship? How do I get one? Who can be a sponsor? What makes a good sponsor?
Patsy©
Forums Long Timer

Re: How much is Sponsorship from the Founders/Early Pioneers and how much is accretion?

Post by Patsy© »

I am not really familiar with who wrote Living Sober, (written by AA member Barry Leach) but I read it once... seemed a bit like the stuff heard in treatment centers. Some people come away thinking candy is the solution! I also heard that GSO might be thinking of dropping it from the list of Conf. Approved Literature.
Hi Paige,

The Living Sober text was written by Barry L. an AA member who joined AA in the mid-1940's. So the Living Sober text reflects the experience of a lot of AA members.

Barry L. was vitally important to the making of Tradition Three in Alcoholics Anonymous.
“The only requirement for A.A. membership is a desire to stop drinking.”

I hope that GSO isn’t thinking of dropping “ Living Sober” from the list of Conf. Approved Literature, it really holds a lot of AA history in there.

What a powerful powerful message Barry L. carries and passes on. Barry Leach I believed passed away about 3 weeks after he shared the following talk.

His message is as vital today as it was back then! I hope you enjoy listening to Barry L. he is amazing!

https://www.xa-speakers.org/pafiledb.ph ... ile&id=404
Failed 12 Step Call? Not if we walk away sober!