Service helps me...

From that ten-cent phone call and a cup of coffee to AA's General Service Office. What's your take on service?

Service helps me...

Postby PaigeB » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:41 am

Hi all! Yesterday I was a forums newcomer and today I am an enthusiast! Service is what keeps me sober, so how do I find service work in the E-AA format? Any information on time frames and service suggestions would be appreciated!
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Re: Service helps me...

Postby Karl R » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:52 am

Hello Paige.

One place to start gathering information is in this section of our discussion forums. viewforum.php?f=58

There you will find lot's of information about the E-AA Group. We are a lot larger then what you see here in these discussion forums. Lot's and lots of service opportunities.

Another place to find out about service within the E-AA Group is to join our e-mail business/Group conscience meeting. If one goes to http://www.e-aa.org/maillist.html one can find it.

thanks for asking.
regards,
karl
Karl R
Forums Old Timer

Postby jakpar » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:32 am

hi Paige, here is another thought to get into service here on e-aa: http://www.e-aa.org/chat.php

Chairs and Greeters Needed!
Regular weekly Chair people and Greeters needed If you are a regular chatter, who has been in chat for over 30 days, and have 90 or more days sobriety and wish to chair, please see JoJo......If you have 30 + days sober, and wish to be a greeter please see Ana, for service positions! thank you in advance for your service work!.

I registered and this was a great start for me in service here, and may be of interest to you also
hope this helps, (it did me) 8)
Jack

"We are of service by accepting responsibility for the authority God has given us and by respecting the authority God has given to others"
Anonymous
jakpar
Forums Contributor

Postby Tommy-S » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:43 pm

And now you're a Trusted Servant... way to go, Paige :)
Together, we don't have to cave in or wimp out to that Fatal First One, no matter what today!
Tommy-S
Forums Old Timer

Postby PaigeB » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:07 pm

Thanks Tommy. One day drinking was my entire world and now AA takes up a lot of time, but now I am free to enjoy life around me. Regarding both time and money AA never takes as much as drinking did. :wink:
If I'm not able to say how I'm working my program today, then I'm not working my program.
The e-AA Group's 7th Tradition link: www.e-aa.org/group_seventh.php
PaigeB
Trusted Servant

Postby ann2 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:51 am

We wouldn't be here without our wonderful mods dedicated to trad 5 through this board. Thank you!!

Ann
"If I don't take twenty walks, Billy Beane send me to Mexico" -- Miguel Tejada
ann2
Forums Old Timer

Return to Service